Spring Intern: NYC Office & Coalition for Resource RecoveryBookmark This
350 7th Ave
New York, NY
DescriptionGlobal Green USA is seeking a Program Intern to work in our New York office. The intern will support Global Green’s work with food waste and food packaging – as well as our Solar for Sandy initiative. With both projects we’ll be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications.
Coalition for Resource Recovery: CoRR (thecorr.org) is an industry working group dedicated to generating business value through turning waste into assets. The Coalition identifies and promotes effective food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and programs through conducting pilot programs in New York City and around the country.
Interns will also support our Solar for Sandy project. Interns will also have the opportunity to support Global Green's work with its Solar for Sandy initiative for deploying grid-tied solar systems with emergency back-up. To learn more please see our video at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=281Xbww9D-E
Responsibilities• Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste and food packaging waste diversion technologies and systems;
• Prepare testimonies for City Council
• Research innovative policies
• Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
• Help research new technologies and waste diversion programs;
• Participate in teleconferences and summarizing meetings with industry on key issues;
• Drafting reports and letters to member and quality-assuring reports;
• Supporting event planning;
• Update the website; and
• Assist with administrative tasks.
Requirements• Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
• Must have strong writing and research skills.
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Master's degree students preferred