Summer InternshipsBookmark This
Abengoa Bioenergy Biomass of Kansas
1043 Road P
DescriptionAbengoa is a technology company that applies innovative solutions for sustainable development in the infrastructure, environment and energy sectors; adding long-term value for our stockholders through the encouragement of entrepreneurship, social responsibility, as well as transparency and efficiency in management.
Rational use of our natural resources and concern for future generations mark the path of Abengoa. Furthermore, what we understand today as sustainable development does not only mean conservation of the environment and the rational use of natural resources for Abengoa, but rather we strive to go beyond this vision, strengthening our commitment to social and human aspects.
At Abengoa, we understand that our traditional activities in engineering are but a valuable tool through which we can build a more sustainable world. If we had to define ourselves in just a few words, we would say, “with solar energy, biomass, waste, information technologies and engineering, Abengoa applies innovative technological solutions for sustainable development.” Abengoa is thus organized into five business groups, each specializing in a different area, the Focus-Abengoa Foundation and a corporate area.
At Abengoa Bioenergy, we hold as our primary objective to become a reference as a world leader in the production of biofuels, and the development of innovative technological solutions that contribute to the sustainability of the transportation sector and in the production of bio-based chemicals.
We currentyly have multiple opportunities for Internships in the following area:
The intern is responsible for project-based assignments intended to improve upon the manufacturing, design and quality processes used to Ethanol. The hands-on individual will be required to analyze and interpret technical data (drawings, specifications, purchase orders, inspection reports, process certifications, calibration records, manufacturing records, etc.) in order to understand/define the scope and requirements of their project, as well as to then develop/execute the relevant action items to successfully complete their assignment in a timely manner. The position is based in Hugoton, KS.
Responsibilities- Understand and/or define the scope and requirements of their assigned project
- Utilize analytical methodology such statistical methods, Pareto/root cause analysis, affinity diagrams, etc. to develop short and long term action items necessary to complete the project
- data entry into the Environmental Management System - Provide support to the Quality Health, Safety and Environmental departments as necessary to complete project action items
- Create formal report-out upon completion of the project to key process owners and management
- Comply with all company policies/procedures.
RequirementsEducation (or Pursuit of): Bachelor of Science Degree in
Environment Science, Environmental Engineering or equivalent experience preferred
Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
*Mechanical or Chemical Engineering
Technical training in production, operations or maintenance preferred.
Experience: 0 - 2 years of manufacturing-related experience preferred.
- Strong writing, presentation, planning, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of GD&T
- CAD/CAM experience
- Proficiency with Excel and/or Access
- High energy level
- Comfortable handling multiple projects
- Team player with the ability to influence others
- Well organized