Urban Restoration Field InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Assistant EditorThe Global Grid
Senior EditorThe Global Grid
Naturalist InternIrvine Nature Center
Winter Internship Position with Global Green USAGlobal Green USA
BookTrails Summer Internship 2017BookTrails
Energy Management Assessment InternshipDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Environmental Research Intern|FellowGreen Building Worldwide
Biological Sciences InternshipBookmark This
4705 Old Highway 37
Posted: November 13 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionChastain-Skillman is an engineering firm serving Central Florida and Polk County for the past 65 years. Our services include civil and environmental engineering, surveying, and environmental and public health science services.
We are looking for dynamic motivated students to assist our Senior Environmental Scientist with his day to day activities. This is an all-weather, all-terrain, outdoor job.
ResponsibilitiesAs an intern you will be assisting with wetland delineations, monitoring, and listed species surveys. Tasks may include:
• Plant identification
• Determine soil qualities and characteristics
• Complete forms and permitting applications
Requirements• Biological Sciences, Environmental Sciences Majors, GPA 3.0 or higher
• Must have experience in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
Experience in GIS is preferred but not required.
• Must be comfortable/ enjoy working outdoors
• Must be willing and able to work in varying weather conditions
• Must have strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Must have effective time management skills and a strong work ethic
• Perform well in an environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability and organization
SkillsRequired - Microsoft Office 2013
Preferred - Geographic Information Systems