Historic Landscape Preservation InternshipThe Fells
Natural Resource Internship IcelandGlobal Treks and Adventures
Social Media InternClean Water!
Spring Legal Intern - Climate and Clean EnergyNatural Resources Defense Council
Environmental Campaign Organizing Intern - Elected Officials to Protect New YorkUAssistMe
Watershed Restoration InternshipSouth River Federation
U.S. Programs InternInternational Conservation Caucus Foundation
Jungle Farming ProgramECOFARMS Panama
Board and Donor Relations Intern- Spring 2017Bookmark This
Keep Prince William Beautiful
4391 Ridgewood Center Dr, Suite F
Posted: July 15 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionKeep Prince William Beautiful is a nonprofit environmental organization that serves Prince William County through partnering with residents, businesses and government to educate and inspire people to be environmental stewards and keep Prince William beautiful.
This position is best for an individual who is comfortable speaking in front of groups; able to handle multiple projects at a time; organized; self-sufficient; both a team-player and independent worker; knowledgeable of intermediate computer operations; skilled in both oral and written communication; understands the importance of establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and the community.
This intern will work directly with the Executive Director.
Responsibilities• Assisting with the recruitment of Board members from a fresh, diverse audience.
• Develop, prepare and distribute Board and Committee agendas and meeting packets
• Assembling & maintaining Board and Committee manuals, forms, binders, etc.
• Serve as liaison the Executive Director, KPWB Board of Directors, and its subcommittees as needed to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
• Maintain & update welcome package as needed for new Board members and Board packets.
• Maintain Sponsorship and Membership Programs
• Pursuing community awareness opportunities regarding the Membership Program, Sponsorship Program, and Board vacancies.
• Maintaining and promoting Board members in social media and on website.
• Creating printable and electronic materials.
• Increase and maintain visible relationships with local organizations, schools, county and state agencies, and local businesses
• Providing additional program support and action as needed to fulfill KPWB’s mission and program requirements.
• Present at booth events and expos as necessary
• All KPWB staff, office volunteers, interns and fellows assist with basic office operations on a day-to-day basis, including but not limited to answering phones, ensuring a clean working environment, hosting clients, and assisting with paperwork.
SkillsRequired - Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred - WordPress, Microsoft Publisher, Adobe Acrobat Pro