Environmental Activist Paid InternshipClean Water Action
Marketing and publicity internClimate 911
Enviornmental InternBeautyman Alvstad, LLP
Hand crafting internSanta Monica Filtration
Clean Tech Internships (Over 100 available across Canada)Colleges and Institutes Canada
Undergrad Water Conservation Intern with Santa Clara Valley Water DistrictJohnson Service Group
Ranch Hand (Gold Bridge, Canada)Chilcotin Holidays
Climate Advocacy Internship350 Colorado
Climate Advocate Office Support Intern San DiegoBookmark This
Citizens Climate Lobby
1330 Orange Ave
Posted: August 25 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCitizens Climate Lobby Purpose: To create the political will for a sustainable climate and to empower individuals to have breakthroughs in exercising their personal and political power.
To solve the climate crisis our methods include education economics, politics and public awareness surrounding climate change. CCL works by training citizens in the skills needed to affect change. We meet with Congressional leaders, write letters to the editors of national and local newspapers and attend monthly national conference calls. Most importantly we are action oriented. Our goal is to match what scientists tell us with practical solutions that can be enacted legislatively.
We suggest you register to join an introductory call before applying. The call will introduce our organization, what we do, and why your contribution matters! Keep in mind the call is not geared towards interns, but will give potential interns a better idea of what their duties and goals would be.
The introductory call is scheduled for every Wednesday night at 5:00 PM Pacific, 8:00 PM Eastern.
To register go to: https://citizensclimatelobby.org/join-weekly-intro-call/
***Apply only if you have the ability to volunteer on site at the location listed in the title of this description***
• Data entry and database upkeep, phone calls and email communications
• Assist with event planning and volunteer support services
• Research and writing projects related to advocacy, policy, economics, science and government
• 6 month commitment of two-5 hours shifts per week
• Microsoft office and internet skills and attention to detail
• Passionate commitment to the environment and global warming issues
• Positive upbeat attitude and ability to work with others on teams in a non-partisan way
• Strong organizational skills
• Excellent writing and oral communications skills
• Must be available to work in Coronado, CA (Generally 2 weekday morning sifts approx. 9am-2pm)