Penguin Colony Internship (Spring)New England Aquarium
Marine Mammal InternshipNew England Aquarium
Visitor Education (Spring)New England Aquarium
NMSF Policy and Research InternshipNational Marine Sanctuary Foundation
NMSF Science and Conservation InternshipNational Marine Sanctuary Foundation
☮ Fight Texas Oil & Gas Pollution ☀Texas Campaign for the Environment
Environmental/ Engineering / Energy InternGSR SolutionsLLC
Environmental Advocacy- Fight for Renewables!Ohio Citizen Action
Community Organizing InternBookmark This
Clean Water Action
1315 Walnut Street Suite 1650
Posted: January 29 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDESCRIPTION: Get a behind the scenes look into a grassroots environmental campaign as one of our paid community organizing interns. Learn how policies are affected from the ground up, through constituent based activism. Organize communities and activate citizen participation through fundraising, membership recruitment, public education, and constituent letter-writing campaigns. Participate in protests, press conferences, legislative hearings and our annual lobby day in Harrisburg. Help us take on big polluters, win elections, and make democracy work.
• Get an in-depth crash course in community organizing, public policy at the local, state, and federal levels, and the pressing environmental issues that impact our communities.
• Annual lobby day spent lobbying local legislators in Harrisburg on environmental issues that affect Pennsylvania.
• Attend occasional protest, press conference, and legislative hearings.
• Work with and help develop our team of committed activists to help save the world.
DEVELOP GRASSROOTS SUPPORT ON THE FOLLOWING CAMPAIGNS:
• Regulations and transparency in the fracking (hydraulic fracturing) industry
• Protection of rivers, lakes, and streams from industrial pollution
• Ensure that all Philadelphia oil trains have adequate safety standards.
• Get the best candidates for the environment put in office
• Leadership and salaried management positions available within 2-3 months, based on performance and commitment, excellent management training program; opportunities for travel and relocation throughout the U.S.!
• $10-$14/hr; Paid training; Potential college credit for summer and school-year interns; Benefits package available to permanent employees.
• Contact Cord in our Philadelphia Office at 215-545-0250
• Apply online at www.cleanwateraction.org/canvass
• Commitment to environmental and social justice.
• Strong communication skills, especially one-on-one interactions
• Team-oriented attitude.
• Able to work at least 3 days a week M-F from 1:45-10pm or at least two days a week 4:30 to 9:30 (spring and fall semesters only).
• Knowledge-base on environmental issues preferred.