- Internships /
- Environmental /
- Department of the Interior, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance Internship
Climate Action FellowshipBusiness Council on Climate Change
San Juan Bay Estuary Community Officer InternshipSan Juan Bay Estuary Program
Squam Lakes Conservation InternshipSquam Lakes Association
Environmental InternSidera Environmental Inc
Summer Intern: Santa Monica Office & Coalition for Resource Recoveryhttp://thecorr.org/index.php
Winter / Spring Intern: Santa Monica Office & Coalition for Resource Recoveryhttp://thecorr.org/index.php
2017 Delaware State Parks Environmental InternshipsDelaware State Parks
Communications & Outreach InternCT League of Conservation Voters
Department of the Interior, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance InternshipBookmark This
U.S. Department of the Interior
200 Chestnut Street, Rm. 244
Posted: March 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe U.S. Department of the Interior, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance (OEPC), is seeking motivated candidates to engage in environmental policy work as an intern our Regional Office in Philadelphia.
OEPC's mission is to foster cooperation among Department of the Interior's bureaus (including the National Park Service, Fish and Wildlife Service, US Geological Survey and Bureau of Indian Affairs) and with other Federal and state agencies; to encourage joint initiatives and to consider the effects of proposed projects on natural, cultural, and historic resources. The office provides environmental policy assistance and coordination to the Secretary, Deputy Secretary, and the Assistant Secretary for Policy, Management and Budget.
Selected candidates will have opportunities to gain skills and experience researching, presenting and/or reporting on environmental and energy issues relating to the National Environmental Policy Act, National Historic Preservation Act, Federal Power Act, Clean Water Act, Oil Pollution Act, CERCLA, Endangered Species Act, Migratory Bird Treaty Act or other federal authorities.
• Seeking candidates focused on environmental policy or law and/or fields in natural or cultural resources
• Internship is unpaid; OEPC will support coordinating internship with capstone, self-study or for-credit project work
• Guidance and training may be provided; seeking candidates with motivation and initiative to work independently
• Seeking 1 or 2 candidates for winter/spring 2015 (Jan –April), 12-20 weeks, 10-25 hours per week; flexible schedule allowed
• Applicants must be currently enrolled in a college or university
• Must be able to pass security clearance (fingerprint and background check)
• Must be a U.S. Citizen