Urban Restoration Field InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Assistant EditorThe Global Grid
Senior EditorThe Global Grid
Naturalist InternIrvine Nature Center
Winter Internship Position with Global Green USAGlobal Green USA
Spring Legal Intern - Climate and Clean EnergyNatural Resources Defense Council
BookTrails Summer Internship 2017BookTrails
Energy Management Assessment InternshipDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE FOR WORLD BAMBOO ORGANIZATIONBookmark This
World Bamboo Organization
Posted: August 03 2015
Company Location: Plymouth, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWorld Bamboo Organization is a unique trade organization. A trade association is a type of organization founded and funded by individuals that operate in a specific industry, in this case individuals with a stake in the bamboo industry spanning across the globe. Its focus is collaboration between individuals and companies to elevate awareness of the importance of bamboo. WBO participates in activities such as promoting membership, providing information and consultation, electronic publishing, networking, event planning, and encouraging and promoting standards in the industry.
The World Bamboo Organization is a diverse group consisting of individual people, commercial businesses, non-profit associations, institutions, and allied trade corporations that all share a common interest = BAMBOO. The purpose of the WBO is to improve and promote this common interest, as well as the conditions affecting, and the industry surrounding, this common interest. We are dedicated to promoting the use of bamboo and bamboo products for the sake of the environment and economy. Read more at http://worldbamboo.net/about/
POSITION: Supports Chief Executive Officer and Director of Corporate Sponsorships in outreach to donors and member prospects for this growing trade organization; execute administrative tasks, ensure regular follow-up and tracking of next steps with members and prospects in order to support CEO in efforts to deepen relationships with members. Estimated weekly hours: 10-12.
ResponsibilitiesFUNDRAISING AND EVENT SUPPORT DETAILED
• First, assist CEO and Director of Corporate Sponsorships in developing plan and support tracking of goals & objectives;
• Weekly research to identify prospective donors;
• Develop and maintain updates of prospective donor/member database;
• Outreach via email and occasional direct mail;
• Electronically distribute member acknowledgement letters and other outreach as appropriate.
ADMININSTRATIVE TASKS DETAILED
• Provide administrative support to CEO as needed, such as, sorting and formatting electronic files;
• Complete special projects and other duties as assigned for event planning.
RequirementsMANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Passion for learning about environmental issues and sustainability;
• Willingness to learn about bamboo as an important alternative resource and to understand its benefits for the environment and economies. (Articles and other sources will be recommended prior to start date.)
• Some experience supporting fundraising or related area
• Positive attitude;
• Self-initiating, problem solver, independent
• Able to meet weekly deadlines
• Excellent communication skills—interpersonal, written, and oral— plus proofreading and grammar skills;
• Excellent organization and research skills and attention to detail;
• Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, mail merges, database entry, internet research and e-mail.
SkillsRequired - English language skills, Articulate Communicator, Written & Verbal Communication Abilities, Research Administration, Basic Computer Skills, Excel, Microsoft Word, Mail Merge, Detailed Organization, Deadline Management
Preferred - Bilingual Proficiency