Penguin Colony Internship (Spring)New England Aquarium
Marine Mammal InternshipNew England Aquarium
Visitor Education (Spring)New England Aquarium
NMSF Policy and Research InternshipNational Marine Sanctuary Foundation
NMSF Science and Conservation InternshipNational Marine Sanctuary Foundation
☮ Fight Texas Oil & Gas Pollution ☀Texas Campaign for the Environment
Environmental/ Engineering / Energy InternGSR SolutionsLLC
Environmental Advocacy- Fight for Renewables!Ohio Citizen Action
Digital InternBookmark This
Stand (formerly ForestEthics)
One Haight Street
San Francisco, CA
Posted: July 26 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
Stand (formerly ForestEthics) is nonprofit environmental organization working to create a world where respect for people and the environment comes first. Our campaigns challenge destructive corporate and governmental practices, demand accountability, and create solutions that support all of us — and the environment and climate we depend upon.
Stand’s strategic approach and fierce determination have yielded extraordinary results: since 1999, we have secured the protection of 65 million acres of wilderness, shifted billions of dollars of corporate purchasing toward responsible options, and changed the environmental practices of more that 100 major U.S. corporations. We are a leading voice in the effort to protect our communities, climate, and environment from the risks associated with outdated, climate-polluting energy.
Stand recognizes and respects the sovereignty of First Nations and tribes, as well as the rights of indigenous people and frontline communities. These communities are often first and most directly impacted, and they provide critical leadership in developing solutions.
Stand is an equal opportunity employer; we have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Stand operates in the United States and Canada - see www.stand.earth for more.
Stand’s Digital team is looking for a creative, dedicated, and organized individual to join our team as a Digital Intern. The intern will work in a highly dynamic team, focusing on providing support to the Digital Manager and US Digital Campaigner on a variety of tasks. This position is part-time, located in the San Francisco office. The number of hours per week is flexible, with a minimum of 10 hours/week or 2 days/week.
Stand is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or veteran status.
Responsibilities• Creating action, photo and online action templates for future Stand events and campaigns
• Sorting and organizing our photo archive
• Organizing our flicker account
• Attending events to take photo and video for twitter (optional)
• Merging different accounts from ForestEthics to Stand
• Monitoring the Stand social media accounts and scheduling
• Brainstorming and curating campaign content
• Some administrative tasks
Requirements• Commitment to and/or strong interest in the mission of Stand
• Excellent follow-through and time management skills
• Ability to think and act strategically, prioritize tasks, and manage projects
• Very high reasoning skills as demonstrated by the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions and deal with abstract and concrete variables
• An open, dynamic, and entrepreneurial work ethic
• Passion for Web 2.0 technologies and creating social movements
• Established presence/experience in several of the following social spaces: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, WordPress, Google Buzz, LinkedIn.