Environmental Activist Paid InternshipClean Water Action
Marketing and publicity internClimate 911
Enviornmental InternBeautyman Alvstad, LLP
Hand crafting internSanta Monica Filtration
Clean Tech Internships (Over 100 available across Canada)Colleges and Institutes Canada
Undergrad Water Conservation Intern with Santa Clara Valley Water DistrictJohnson Service Group
Ranch Hand (Gold Bridge, Canada)Chilcotin Holidays
Climate Advocacy Internship350 Colorado
Disaster management internBookmark This
Young Women's IDEA
Posted: October 02 2016
Company Location: New Delhi, IL
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
The project areas of the Disaster Management includes Community Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency Planning/Preparedness, Hazard Mapping and Landslide/Earthquake/Flood Mitigation, the project manager is responsible for raising the communities’ awareness of the potential risks (both natural and human-made) and their possible impact on their lives and for preparing the population in order to ensure an appropriate response to the occurrence of a disaster.
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such as: Disaster Management Action Plan and YWA workshops.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
All applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your CV and cover letter, including information regarding the duration of your intended stay and your field of interest.
• Acquire significant knowledge about the communities and their environment.
• Create a link between the communities and the relevant authorities.
• Define goals and objectives of your project and manage all aspects of it.
• Contribute to a dynamic atmosphere of innovation.
• Develop resilience post-disaster.
• Educate the communities on natural and man-made hazards.
• Encourage and promoting mitigation, preparedness and response strategies for environmental issues.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for individual project and the NGO strategy plan.
• Produce the required documentation during your internship (it will be explained during the induction).
• Flexibility and self-motivation.
• Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
• Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
• Strong communications skills.
• Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
RequirementsMinimum stay of 3 months up to 18 months
Between 18 and 35 years old