Water Programs Event Planning InternshipWest Michigan Environmental Action Council
Environmental Education InternshipWest Michigan Environmental Action Council
Does President Trump Represent YOUR Ideals?Texas Campaign for the Environment
Environmental Science InternBamboo Rustles
Outreach Internship - Oakland, CAUnion of Concerned Scientists
Prescribed Burn TechnicianCedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve
Plant Community Ecology TechnicianCedar Creek Ecosystem Science Reserve
Clean Water Action/Clean Water Fund 2017 InternshipClean Water Action
Program Coordinator - Enviromental SciencesBookmark This
50 E Algonquin Rd
Des Plaines, IL
Posted: March 03 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
PURPOSE: To coordinate inventory, collection and reporting of sustainability data from Chicago Botanic Garden (CBG) buildings, grounds and operations, and to work with both CBG and the client's teams to define CBG emission profile as defined by US Green Building Council and other relevant standards. To then work with the client and CBG to write, create, and maintain a web-based dashboard for Garden visitors and students to understand.
1. Work with defined Chicago Botanic Garden (CBG) and the client's teams to identify all appropriate data collection sites and operations on CBG campus
2. Assemble and tabulate historical data as recordkeeping allows
3. Assess the sustainability operations and profiles of five of CBG’s peer living collection organizations to benchmark target emissions goals and sustainability operations at similar leading institutions
4. Research and reference current and emerging standards applicable for building, grounds and operations sustainability
5. Work with the team to help complete the Clean Air / Cool Planet Campus greenhouse gas (GHG) inventory at CBG
6. Work with CBG education and communications teams to display and communicate information publically for multiple audiences
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in public administration, engineering, environmental science or related field.
• Experience using CMS, html, css, Adobe Photoshop, and wire framing of site design.
• Proven writing skills and web development ability including optimizing photos, graphics, and videos for the web and knowledge
• Demonstrate significant knowledge of sustainability concepts, regulatory compliance, and current standards for reducing and measuring carbon emissions
• Experience in science education and/or communicating science to the public is desirable
• This position is ideal for an individual in a graduate program