U.S. National Arboretum Bonsai InternshipU.S. National Arboretum
Winter / Spring Intern: Santa Monica Office & Coalition for Resource Recoveryhttp://thecorr.org/index.php
Urban Restoration Field InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Assistant EditorThe Global Grid
Senior EditorThe Global Grid
Naturalist InternIrvine Nature Center
Winter Internship Position with Global Green USAGlobal Green USA
BookTrails Summer Internship 2017BookTrails
Fight Texas Oil & Gas PollutionBookmark This
Texas Campaign for the Environment
3303 Lee Pkwy #402
Posted: November 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTEXAS CAMPAIGN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (TCE) envisions a Texas free from pollution. As the largest environmental group in Texas organizing support through door-to-door canvassing, grassroots is both who we are and what we do.
Amongst other landmark victories, we've recently accomplished:
- Fort Worth-based Pier 1 Imports phasing out out toxic flame retardants in their furniture
- Houston Mayor Annise Parker bringing curbside recycling to all Houston households
- Rayovac publicly announcing its support for manufacturer-led battery recycling programs
Our dedicated year-round presence in our community, and the crucial grassroots organizing that we do every day, has resulted in monumental changes in our state and local environmental policies, and we've held corporate polluters accountable for their actions! TCE has truly pioneered a community-based structure of organizing. Now we need your help to tackle our most recent problem, Texas government failing to enforce pollution laws and damaging our health .
• Fighting to protect communities' rights to act on polluting industries, such as fracking in neighborhoods.
• Actively working to expand recycling to the 50% of DFW residents who currently do not have access.
• Strengthening enforcement on oil and gas companies choosing the break the law rather than clean up their act.
If you're looking for a way to make an impact in the community, earn a living, and to create tangible change for the planet this is the right job for you!
Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
*Part-time positions available (minimum 3 weekdays; hours are still 2pm-10pm).
$425/week+ (Full-time) $340/week+ (4 days) $255/week+ (3 days)
- Bonuses available depending on fundraising success
• Medical and dental insurance coverage
• Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
• Rapid advancement and management training
• Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
ResponsibilitiesAs a Community Organizer, you will be responsible for creating relationships within designated community areas of the city and building our grassroots base of supporters. The Organizer will be held to high expectations of performance with weekly and monthly goals for various organizing activities, including:
• Grassroots door-to-door canvassing
• Membership recruitment, fundraising and letter-writing campaigns
• Community outreach and coalition-building
• Identifying voters and volunteers
• Planning and participating in demonstrations and political actions
• Testifying at public hearings and events
• Assisting with campaign strategy and research
Requirements• High-level relationship building skills with the ability to build consensus, engage a wide range of diverse stakeholders and allies, and navigate complex community and political dynamics.
• Ability to work independently, problem solve, and manage time and priorities.• Good listening, speaking, and writing communication skills.
• Genuine commitment to the environment, progressive politics, and the vision of a just and equitable society.
• Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
SkillsRequired - Communication, Environmental Advocacy, Fluent English, Environmental
Preferred - Canvassing, Non-profit Administration, Non-profit Volunteer, Political Campaigns, Political Organization, Public Speaking, Bilingual, Bilingual-English/Spanish