River RoundupHuron River Watershed Council
Insect ID DayHuron River Watershed Council
Environmental Health and Safety Science InternInnocor, Inc.
Become a Team Member for Clean Water! a trash and debris clean up service!Clean Water!
Summer Pollinator Conservation and Education InternMalama Kauai
Post-Doctoral Research Associates for IIBB Hydrogramin Technology (Bengal and beyond)IIBB
FOUR Internships Available at a National, Eco-Friendly Logistics CompanyUsedCardboardBoxes.com
Kitten Care InternHopalong Animal Rescue
Fall Internship: Circular EconomyBookmark This
2218 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: August 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGlobal Green USA is seeking an intern to support food waste diversion programs from multi-family buildings.
The intern will support Global Green’s work with food waste – as well as our national programs. With our projects we’ll be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications. This internship will involve a combination of research and outreach.
For more on this project, please see this video that features some of our past work in this area:
Interns will also get an opportunity to support Global Green's Coalition for Resource Recovery partner organizations to help build a circular economy.
Responsibilities• Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste diversion technologies and systems;
Examples of sample tasks include:
• Research innovative policies
• Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
• Drafting reports and letters and quality-assuring reports;
• Researching relevant contacts and conducting initial outreach to potential partners;
• Assist with administrative tasks
• Help Global Green partner with local community groups
Requirements• Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
• Must have strong writing and research skills.
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be interested and willing to do waste sorts.
SkillsRequired - Conversational Spanish
Preferred - Bilingual-Spanish