Education and Outreach InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Urban Restoration Field InternSan Diego River Park Foundation
Ecological Restoration and Monitoring InternshipSan Diego River Park Foundation
Department of the Interior, Office of Environmental Policy and Compliance InternshipU.S. Department of the Interior
Habitat Programs InternshipIndiana Wildlife Federation
Animal Handler / EducatorZovargo
Put a Price On It FellowshipOur Climate
Fall Internship: Circular EconomyBookmark This
2218 Main Street
Santa Monica, CA
Posted: August 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionGlobal Green USA is seeking an intern to support food waste diversion programs from multi-family buildings.
The intern will support Global Green’s work with food waste – as well as our national programs. With our projects we’ll be connecting on the ground pilots with their broader business, environmental and policy implications. This internship will involve a combination of research and outreach.
For more on this project, please see this video that features some of our past work in this area:
Interns will also get an opportunity to support Global Green's Coalition for Resource Recovery partner organizations to help build a circular economy.
Responsibilities• Interns will have the opportunity to learn about innovative food waste diversion technologies and systems;
Examples of sample tasks include:
• Research innovative policies
• Assist with on-the-ground pilots;
• Drafting reports and letters and quality-assuring reports;
• Researching relevant contacts and conducting initial outreach to potential partners;
• Assist with administrative tasks
• Help Global Green partner with local community groups
Requirements• Must have an interest in recycling, waste diversion, and/or related environmental issues.
• Must have strong writing and research skills.
• Must be a self-starter, flexible, and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Must have effective interpersonal communication skills.
• Must be interested and willing to do waste sorts.
SkillsRequired - Conversational Spanish
Preferred - Bilingual-Spanish