Zero Waste Interns (recycle)Park Silly Sunday Market
Environmental Education InternshipTrees For Tomorrow
Outreach Internship, Part TimeProtectPT
Environmental, Health and Safety Paid InternshipSouthwire Company
Safety InternCharter Automotive
Geography Internship - Sailboat BasedGlobal Treks and Adventures
GIS Internship - Sailboat BasedGlobal Treks and Adventures
Environmental Internship - Sailboat BasedGlobal Treks and Adventures
Park Ranger / Activity Coordinator InternBookmark This
Lake Roland County Park
Lake Roland County Park 1000 Lakeside Drive
Posted: December 30 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionLake Roland County Park is located in Baltimore County in the Roland Park / Ruxton Area, just minutes from Towson, MD. The main park entrance is located just off of Falls Road, South of I-695. The address for the park is 1000 Lakeside Drive, Baltimore, Maryland 21210. Lake Roland is managed by Baltimore County Recreation and Parks.
Internships are unpaid, but provide valuable experience for post graduation career searches. Interns are expected to work for one semester or season. Minimum requirement of 12 hours per week on assigned days. Assignment dates and times are flexible around college coursework. Evenings and weekends may be required.
ResponsibilitiesWhat would I be doing at the park?
The Lake Roland Education Center is seeking a responsible, self-motivated and enthusiastic intern to assist with park operations and programming. General duties include park maintenance, animal care, educational programming assistance, answering questions related to the park and natural history of the area.
RequirementsQualifications for the Park Intern Position:
• Pursuing a degree in Environmental Studies, Recreation and Parks, Park Management, Biology, Education or closely related field
• Open to working in a range of weather conditions
• Comfortable caring for a range of animal ambassadors. This may include: reptiles, amphibians, insects and mammals.
• Willing to learn and perform a multitude of tasks
• Have reliable transportation
• Able to work independently and as part of a team
• Comfortable answering questions and speaking to the general public about the park
- Provide information for a volunteer background check.
How to I apply:
If you are interested in applying, send your contact information, along with a copy of your resume, transcript and list of professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Title your email “Internship 2016” for easier processing.