Penguin Colony Internship (Spring)New England Aquarium
Marine Mammal InternshipNew England Aquarium
Visitor Education (Spring)New England Aquarium
NMSF Policy and Research InternshipNational Marine Sanctuary Foundation
NMSF Science and Conservation InternshipNational Marine Sanctuary Foundation
☮ Fight Texas Oil & Gas Pollution ☀Texas Campaign for the Environment
Environmental/ Engineering / Energy InternGSR SolutionsLLC
Environmental Advocacy- Fight for Renewables!Ohio Citizen Action
Seal Rehabilitation and Education InternshipBookmark This
Seal Rescue Ireland
Posted: July 24 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionSeal Rescue Ireland is a very busy marine animal rescue and rehabilitation facility located in Courtown, Co. Wexford, Ireland (in Europe). It is the only seal rehabilitation facility in Ireland and responds to strandings along the entire coast of Ireland. Most strandings are Grey and Common Seal pups which have been wounded, orphaned or injured. We are currently accepting applications for their internships starting in September. This is a full time position for a minimum of 12 weeks. Priority will be given to candidates who can stay a longer period of time.
Animal Care: Animal Care duties will include animal restraint, cleaning animal pens and pools, food preparation, administering feeds including tube feeding, assist feeding and fish schooling, facility maintenance and update of medical records. Interns will also assist animal care staff with response to stranding calls, admission examinations, medical care and release events.
Education: Interns will assist with on-site tours and education programs, as well as during fundraising events and festivals nationwide. Interns will also assist in the gift shop and with various office projects. Each intern will also propose and develop a fundraising project, with guidance and supervision of senior volunteers.
This is an unpaid position. Intern housing is available at 95€ per week (includes food) if desired. To apply, send a resume and cover letter indicating your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject line: Rehabilitation Internship).
Ideal candidates will have:
• A background or interest in marine biology, zoology, or a related field. Preference will be given to recent graduates and applicants with previous animal care and handling skills.
• If interns wish to receive university credit for their internship, they will be responsible for making all arrangements with their educational institution.
• The ability to understand and follow written and oral instruction, and have excellent communication and public speaking skills.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• The ability to lift 25 kilograms.
• The ability to adapt to an ever-changing work environment, and be willing to work a flexible schedule which can include early mornings/late nights, weekends and holidays.