Social Media InternClean Water!
Spring Legal Intern - Climate and Clean EnergyNatural Resources Defense Council
Environmental Campaign Organizing Intern - Elected Officials to Protect New YorkUAssistMe
Watershed Restoration InternshipSouth River Federation
U.S. Programs InternInternational Conservation Caucus Foundation
Jungle Farming ProgramECOFARMS Panama
Environmental-Health-Safety Consultant Internship with Bureau Veritas (CO Office)Bureau Veritas N.A., Inc
The Raptor Trust Avian Care Summer InternshipThe Raptor Trust
SOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT STAFF FOR WORLD BAMBOO ORGANIZATIONBookmark This
World Bamboo Organization
Posted: August 03 2015
Company Location: Plymouth, MA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionWorld Bamboo Organization is a unique trade organization. A trade association is a type of organization founded and funded by individuals that operate in a specific industry, in this case individuals with a stake in the bamboo industry spanning across the globe. Its focus is collaboration between individuals and companies to elevate awareness of the importance of bamboo. WBO participates in activities such as promoting membership, providing information and consultation, electronic publishing, networking, event planning, and encouraging and promoting standards in the industry.
The World Bamboo Organization is a diverse group consisting of individual people, commercial businesses, non-profit associations, institutions, and allied trade corporations that all share a common interest = BAMBOO. The purpose of the WBO is to improve and promote this common interest, as well as the conditions affecting, and the industry surrounding, this common interest. We are dedicated to promoting the use of bamboo and bamboo products for the sake of the environment and economy. Read more at http://worldbamboo.net/about/
GENERAL POSITION DESCRIBED
In this position you will supporting the Chief Executive Officer in creating innovative and exciting methods for public awareness and engagement. Through creative, clear and compelling web and social media communications you will drive engagement globally. You will have the exciting opportunity to share amazing stories about bamboo business owners and bamboo innovators worldwide who are changing their world from the ground up! We are looking for someone with a proven track record in growing communities on social media. Estimated weekly hours: 10-12.
ResponsibilitiesSOCIAL MEDIA SUPPORT DETAILED
• Assist in development of social media campaign to increase visibility.
• Researching bamboo topics and individuals/businesses involved in bamboo industry for regular article/blog writing;
• Write clear, compelling communications and feature stories for the web;
• Design graphics and messaging that engages fans and followers in social media;
• Assist in preparing video presentations on GoFundMe and other online fundraising sites.
RequirementsMANDATORY JOB REQUIREMENTS
• Demonstrated knowledge of most relevant social media applications and a proven track record in social media management and strategy;
• Knowledge of how to create video presentations and basic graphic images with text;
• Passion for learning about environmental issues and sustainability;
• Willingness to learn about bamboo as an important alternative resource and to understand its benefits for the environment and economies. (Articles and other sources will be recommended prior to start date.)
• Positive attitude;
• Self-initiating, problem solver, independent, creative thinker
• Ability to maintain a regular, weekly schedule that you create;
• Excellent communication skills—interpersonal, written, and oral— plus proofreading and grammar skills;
• Excellent organization and research skills and attention to detail;
SkillsRequired - Social Media, Written & Verbal Communication Abilities, Social Media Blogging, English language skills, Research Administration, Articulate Communicator, Article Creation, Internet Video Production, Deadline Management, Basic Computer Skills
Preferred - Computer Graphics Design, Bilingual Proficiency