Energy Analyst InterneSight Energy Inc.
Environment Massachusetts Field ManagerFund for the Public Interest
Climate Advocacy Internship350 Colorado
Teaching Architecture and Science to kidsIntellectual Kids Club
The EPA has been gutted.... will YOU step up to save the planet?Texas Campaign for the Environment
Wanted: Social Media Associate for New Green Website with Huge PotentialSteve's Weave
Environmental Campaign Organizing Intern - Elected Officials to Protect New YorkUAssistMe
Visitor Education (Fall 2017)New England Aquarium
SWASH InternBookmark This
Young Women's IDEA
Posted: October 02 2016
Company Location: New Delhi, IL
Application Deadline: No Deadline
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionEduCARE India is an Indian NGO created in 1994 and working towards social and sustainable development. The NGO is implanted in several rural villages of Northern India with approximately 7 other interns in each village.
The SWASH (Sanitation of Water Air and Soil for Healthy Villages) project aims to create a clean and healthy environment for the local communities. SWASH is an integrated project that addresses issues of waste management, water sanitation and recycling using innovation and local human resources to facilitate social entrepreneurship and volunteer service. SWASH uses community connections to raise awareness about environmental issues.
Depending on the location, several projects are currently ongoing such: developing a sustainable process to deal with unrecyclable waste, cleaning and storing of soft plastic to use as filling for cushions and sofas, analysis of waste production habits in the community, designing sustainable systems and alternatives to showcase in ReStore.
This is an UNPAID internship but we offer various incentives: accommodation, SIM Card, work transportation and an amazing experience abroad surrounded by international people and local communities.
We currently have projects in Laddak, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, and Rajasthan.
For more detailed information about our current projects and fieldwork, please visit our website and blog at:
• Plan, coordinate and promote community-based waste management.
• Organizing workshop regarding SWASH with the aim to increase people's awareness, preparing brochures and informative materials.
• To create/maintain relationships with the institutions to promote a cooperation between them and the community.
• Surveys with the main stakeholders to be sure to act according to their needs and wants.
• Contribute to a dynamic atmosphere of innovation.
• Manage and participate in the development and implementation of goals, objec-tives, policies, and priorities for individual project and the NGO strategy plan.
• Produce the required documentation during your internship (it will be explained during the induction).
• Define goals and objectives of your project and manage all aspects of it.
• Flexibility and self-motivation.
• Ability to work both on your own and as part of an international team.
• Ability to multitask and organize your work under minimal supervision and limited resources.
• Strong communications skills.
• Interest and motivation to collaborate with community and team members.
• Creative, open minded and positive manner facing challenges and unexpected events
RequirementsMinimum stay of 3 months up to 18 months
Age between 18 and 35