2017 Conservation Corps MemberRockland Conservation and Service Corps
PEC Summer Fellowship 2017The Piedmont Environmental Council
Intern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Save the EnvironmentChanging The Present
Environmental InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Geography GIS InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
Wildlife InternshipGlobal Treks and Adventures
No, Donald, climate change is NOT a Chinese hoax.Texas Campaign for the Environment
Governor's Summer Intern-Veterinary Student InternIndiana State Personnel Department
Urban Farm InternshipBookmark This
Triple Threat Mentoring
100 S. River St
Posted: October 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTriple Threat Mentoring is a multi-site (Aurora/Chicago, IL and Los Angeles area) non-profit that fights poverty by empowering urban youth. Since 2007 we have used our passion-based programs and events to connect more than 30,000 at-risk youth with adults who love the same thing they do. One of the ways we are fighting the cycle of poverty is through promoting healthy living and sustainability through one of our newest initiatives... The Farm!
The Farm grows sustainable organic food used to educate and feed families, which empowers the community to make healthier life choices. The Farm intern will assist in maintaining and overseeing all growing operations in our indoor hydroponic farm. The intern will also develop and maintain STEM based educational curriculum and run educational programs with various groups.
Responsibilities1. Assist in maintaining and overseeing all growing operations in our indoor hydroponic farm.
2. Develop and maintain STEM based educational curriculum and run educational programs with various groups.
3. Assist in other programming areas and serve on various teams within Triple Threat as needed.
4. Balance short-term, long-term and deadline projects across various mediums.
5. Take initiative and find ways to grow our relationships, reach and impact within the community.
6. Be a team player, work hard, communicate effectively and make positive contributions to Triple Threat’s office and organizational culture.