2013 Summer and Fall Rockstar Event Planning Internship ProgramBookmark This
Virtue Event Planning & Consulting, Inc.
DescriptionWhat is Virtue?
Virtue is made up of a team of high spirited creative individuals with different styles, backgrounds, and one thing in common: We Love Events!! We work hard and we play hard! Our greatest attribute is that we invest all of our energy into making events timeless and unforgettable. Virtue is best known for our broad range of eclectic, sophisticated styles from elegant dinners to dramatic weddings. We are young, stylish, creative, artistic, and fun and love to infuse that energy into every event that we design.
ResponsibilitiesThis is a hands on, hit-the-ground running internship- perfect for someone who seeks a challenging and rewarding event planning and marketing opportunity and is eager to learn. The successful candidate will learn event planning best practices, event design, research, marketing, business and sales training for the Raleigh- Durham territory for Virtue Event Planning & Consulting, Inc.
This position can be used as a part-time internship for university/ college students in their junior or senior year. The applicant must major in one of the following areas: Meeting and Event Planning, Hospitality and Tourism, Business, Fashion, Interior Design or Marketing to apply for this position.
RequirementsAttributes of the desired applicant:
• Must possess Massive Creativity.
• Be Energetic.
• Great Attention to Detail.
• Be Organized.
• Possess Extraordinary Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
• Ability to Multi-task.
• Be Driven.
• Possess Great Telephone Skills.
• Be Coachable.
• Laser Focus on Efficiency and bottom line results.
• Unwavering Commitment to an Outstanding Customer Experience.
• Be a Hustler.
• Be able to Think Quick on Your Feet.
• Be a good Representation of the Attributes of Virtue.
• Be Self-motivated.
• Have a Great Sense of Humor (**this is required).
• Be Responsible.
• Have a Great Attitude and Infectious Personality.
• Be Authentic.
• Professional and edgy demeanor.
• Be personable and fun to work with.
• Desire to succeed.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, WordPress and HTML knowledge a plus.
• Internet and Cell phone access.
• Intermediate to Masterful knowledge on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Pintrest.
• Minimum of 10 hours per week.
If you are interested, here’s what you do:
• Check us out on www.virtueevents.com
• Then email your resume along with a cover letter explaining how and why you’re an ideal candidate for this position based on our needs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A writing sample.
• Like us on www.facebook.com/virtueevents and put a post on our page telling us which Virtue attribute describes you best. (Short videos are welcome)
• Follow us on www.twitter.com/virtueevents and talk to us about your interest in our internship program using the hash tag #virtuerockstars