Activity/Recreation InternBookmark This
Corolla Light Resort
1197 Franklyn Street
DescriptionCorolla Light Resort is seeking Activity Interns for the summer of 2014 to gain valuable professional experience while working at a beach resort!
Corolla Light Resort is the 2013 North Carolina Resort of the year and is an ocean to soundside resort with 400 homes nestled on 250 acres in Corolla on the beautiful Outer Banks of North Carolina. We offer a variety of amenities for our guests including seven indoor and outdoor swimming pools, basketball courts, a sand volleyball court, playgrounds, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, a nature trail, fishing ponds, an oceanfront restaurant, and a fitness complex as well as many others.
Along with the unmatched amenities offered at Corolla Light Resort, we also offer activities for guests of all ages including sports tournaments, crabbing, tie-dye, family movie nights, a homerun derby, and the Big Daddy Splash – an adult cannonball competition!
Activity interns are responsible for creating, promoting, organizing, and facilitating activities and events at Corolla Light Resort. In addition, many opportunities are available to learn all about the hospitality and recreation industry and what it takes to operate an award winning resort.
• Housing provided.
• Vehicle provided for work purposes only.
• Uniform shirts provided.
Responsibilities• Promote activities to owners and guests at Corolla Light Resort.
• Motivate guests to have fun.
• Monitor activities for fairness.
• Maintain bulletin boards with activity schedules.
• Obtain sponsorships and activity prizes from local businesses.
• Fill out daily log sheets regarding activities and number of participants.
• Collect fees for those activities that require it and maintain cash flow.
• Develop new activities.
• Implement and lead activities on the resort.
• Responsible for knowing general information concerning Corolla Light Resort and the local area.
• Attend weekly staff meetings.
• Compile a weekly report and letter to the General Manager and Corolla Light Resort Board of Directors.
• Maintain the activity supply inventory and notify the supervisor when supplies are running low.
• Work with other interns to create and maintain a positive working environment.
• Work with other Corolla Light Resort staff to create and maintain a positive working environment.
• Maintain a positive attitude to ensure the safety of our owners and guests.
Requirements• Recreation, Tourism, Hospitality, Special Events majors (PREFERRED).
• Prior experience working with children, guests, and activities (PREFERRED).
• Must possess a strong work ethic.
• Excellent verbal communication skills.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task and coordinate large groups of people.
• Ability to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to work outdoors in moderate heat and humidity.
• Outgoing and positive personality.