Assistant Event ManagerBookmark This
4556 Quail Ridge Trail
DescriptionMid-South Shows is beginning it’s 11th year of producing the leading wedding shows and bridal events in the mid-south area. They Include the Mid-South Wedding Show, The Very Important Bride Show and The Bring Your Own Groom Show. Our Assistant Event Manager intern program is design to train an individual in the business of bridal show production and event planning. Positions may turn into full time, paid positions after 90 days.
- Write effective copy, excelling in correct spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Coordinate online marketing and advertising campaigns and update Web sites
- Collaborate with the Communications Department
- Monitor project calendar, ensuring project is on schedule and in budget
- Organize and collect progress reports
- Develop social networking profiles and contacts
- Marketing and Public Relations with the wedding vendor community
- Organization of staffing and assisting in managing of shows and events
- Cost control of public event and show production
- Advertising and Promotion of Events and Shows
- Development of event and show programming
- Data Base updates and entry of client details
- Monitor & Implement Web site updates
RequirementsSome college preferred, with basic computer knowledge and outstanding communication skills required
- Possess skills at assessing issues, defining solutions, and implementing strategy
- Perform well in environment that values leadership, efficiency, dependability, and organization
- Possess skills in writing, presentation, interpersonal relations, and customer management
- Possess skills at initiating innovative ideas, unifying team members, and judging correctly what will appeal to target audiences.
- Prefer challenges that involve communication, are people-oriented, promote networking and socializing, and include roles that call for imagination.
- Understand cost-reduction principles and how to implement goals