Ann Arbor Wedding & Event Company Seeks Coordination Intern for Summer/Fall 2014Viva La Diva Events
Ann Arbor Wedding & Event Company Seeks Coordination Intern for Spring/Summer 2014Viva La Diva Events
Events Fall 2014 InternCoburn Communication
Events CoordinatorNatural Awakenings Magazine
Event Planning InternshipYvette Hart Events
Balloon Festival Summer InternshipBookmark This
Festival of Ballooning, Inc.
363 Route 46 West
DescriptionWe produce the QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning which is the largest summertime hot air balloon and music festival in North America and is the premiere family entertainment attraction in New Jersey. It holds the dual distinction of being a recipient of The New Jersey Governor's Award for Best Special Event, as well as the American Bus Association's designation as a Top 100 Festival in North America. Held annually at Solberg Airport in Readington, NJ, the festival truly has something for everyone! From twice daily mass ascensions of up to 100 special shape and sport hot air balloons, to headlining concerts, non-stop family entertainment, hundreds of crafters and vendors, great food, fireworks, a balloon glow, and more, the festival is jam-packed with stuff to do.
ResponsibilitiesAll interns will be given the opportunity to work in areas other than their specific job function, affording each individual a well-rounded experience by being exposed to all aspects of producing the festival. Additionally, interns will have other opportunities to work on events produced by Promo 1, Festival of Ballooning’s sister company.
• Internships are considered a full time commitment, with positions running from June 2 through early August.
• Unless discussed in advance, the student is expected to devote forty (40) hours per week.
• The student is required to commit to the entire week leading up to the event, as well as the entire weekend of the event.
• Access to a car is considered essential.
• Students will receive a daily stipend.
• There will be a flat amount paid to each intern for his/her work the weekend of the festival.
Please note: Festival of Ballooning, Inc. is also accepting resumes from students who would like to be a part of the event’s summer staff for college credit. Festival of Ballooning, Inc will work with the college to provide the necessary documentation and evaluation of the students' performance so that, if warranted, the student receives proper academic credit for their efforts.
FOR MORE INFORMATION/TO APPLY:
Meghan Wisniewski, Festival Director
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Summer Internships as the subject line by March 31, 2014.
Check out our website www.balloonfestival.com for details about our festival as a whole.
RequirementsTHE FESTIVAL OF BALLOONING, INC. – INTERNSHIP POSITIONS – SUMMER 2014
Based in Fairfield, NJ, Festival of Ballooning, Inc. is the promoter and producer of the largest summertime hot air balloon and music festival in North America.
The QuickChek New Jersey Festival of Ballooning
July 25, 26 & 27, 2014
Solberg Airport, Readington, New Jersey
We offer a variety of internship and career exploration opportunities in marketing, operations and event coordination and production. All positions provide interns with a behind-the-scenes, hands-on experience in producing a major entertainment event. Employment gives the student valuable real-world experience and responsibility, while allowing him/her to tap in to our extensive sports and event marketing experience, as well as our vast list of contacts.
• Operations Assistant/QuickChek Vendor Program Manager - Assists VP of Operations in all aspects of on-site operations for the event. Manages the Quick Chek vendor co-op program with Festival Director leading up to and during the event.
• Entertainment Coordinator/ Social Media Intern - Reviews contracts and facilitates fulfillment of all contractual obligations with entertainers. Coordinates all entertainment-related functions during the weekend of the event. Assist the festival coordinator in growing the awareness of the festival on social media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest. This would include growing our fan page and assisting in ticket sales through these social media sites. Also would assist in updating the website daily, needs knowledge of how to work content manager of website and how to utilize social networking site to promote an event. Graphic design and/or photoshop knowledge a plus.
• Sponsorship, Marketing & Media Assistant - Assists both the Executive Producer and the Director of Corporate Partnerships to negotiate media trades for the event as well as execute and fulfill various sponsor/exhibitor programs. Relied on to interact with the Public Relations firm as it relates to press events and the development/execution of the event’s public relations campaign.
• Balloon Operations Coordinator & Hospitality/Hotel Facilitator - Assists Festival Director in managing relationships throughout the event. Handles all arrangements and requests of the balloon pilots and crew. Interfaces with each partner hotels to manage the event’s hotel needs. Oversees the corporate caterer needs at the event to maximize the hospitality program.
• Ticket & Customer Relations Manager - Oversees all financial processing, recording, and fulfilling of ticket & merchandise program. Manages on-site ticketing and customer relations program. This position is key to our operation and needs a highly organized and self-sufficient individual to take charge of ticket orders & processing as well as getting us the reports that we need to make marketing decisions.