Event Assistant IntershipBookmark This
Roses of Elegance Event Planning, LLC.
Post Office Box 11082
DescriptionRoses of Elegance Event Planning, LLC is filling positions for Internships responsible for assisting with event promotions and marketing, and coordination of various weddings and events. The internship will include day-to-day tasks involved with running a successful business and behind-the-scenes experience of planning and organizing events.
This position is an unpaid part-time internship, which means it is based on work available and based on the timing of various events and projects. Hours for this position are estimated at 15 - 20 hours per week.
HOW TO APPLY:
Your resume and cover letter should demonstrate how you possess all of the required qualifications. Examples recounting situations where the required attributes were demonstrated are encouraged as part of an applicant’s cover letter.
The winter/spring internship is for the months of January through June. Resumes and cover letters for this internship are being accepted beginning November 15.
The summer internship is for the months of May through August. Resumes and cover letters for this internship are being accepted beginning March 15.
The fall internship is for the months of September through December. Resumes and cover letters for this internship are being accepted beginning July 15.
Is Housing Provided: No
Are Meals Provided: No
Is Air Travel Provided: No
Weekly Working Hours: Based on work available and based on the timing of various events and projects
College credit is also available. We recommend that you start talking with your school advisor now about the steps necessary to receive credit. We are more than willing to fill out the necessary paperwork to ensure that you gain academic credit for your work with us.
To apply for the internship, please email your resume AND cover letter to Rosie Quiller at email@example.com. Cover letter should describe why you would be an asset to the Roses of Elegance Event Planning Team.
Responsibilities• Assist in the planning and implementation of multiple projects consisting of promotions and events while consistently updating the production schedule for each project
• Assist in building the sales and participation of each project through daily communication with both existing and potential new customers meeting the sales goals of the project
• Participate in weekly planning meetings encouraging collaboration, creative ideas and identifying next steps to multiple projects
• Assist in developing and updating various marketing and administrative items such as promotional materials, sales presentations, newsletters, meeting agendas, production schedules, budgets, websites, social media avenues, etc.
• Assist in the effective follow-up with customers and potential customers meeting the established company goal of within one business day
• Participate in working various weddings and events, including catering projects
• Assist team members in general administrative tasks
Requirements• Excellent customer service skills to both internal and external customers
• Ability to effectively sell and close deals both over the phone and in person
• Coordinate multiple projects while maintaining a high level of organization
• Work collaboratively in a team environment
• Ability to communicate effectively at many levels
• Strong time management skills to effectively meet all goals and deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
• Ability to effectively address customer concerns and maintain a calm composure to find good solutions that will resolve the situation
• Enjoys working in fast paced and fun environments
• Work weekends and holidays
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age
• Reliable transportation to events and meetings is required
• Reliable access to a portable computer or laptop is required