Event Coordinator InternBookmark This
Public Art Initiative
2740 S. Figueroa Ave.
Los Angeles, CA
DescriptionPublic Art Initiative (PAI) is a multi-dimensional platform that sells innovative artworks to fund the development of monumental works of public art for the purpose of a community's social and economic advancement. Public art improves the economic development of communities and the quality of life for all citizens.
PAI's mission is to fund and prompt the development of monumental works of art and create America an international destination and beacon for the arts.
We aim to support artists. We have created a multi-dimensional platform to support the development of public art in each community. Individuals and businesses, with PAI, now have the opportunity to directly support the development of public art.
ResponsibilitiesThis is not a routine position. It is an on-call, as-needed basis for each event. Our events are extremely fun, a unique experience and resume-builder. Heavy on-call duties crop up two weeks before the event.
• Growing a deep understanding of the event planning environment and evolving tools and platforms used to improve event presence. Able to anticipate event needs.
• Strong relationship builder both within the organization and with external partners.
• Strong leadership, analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills.
• Customer focused with a strong awareness of the PAI brand
• Must exhibit a passion for the company’s growth stage and desire to expand and grow awareness for the PAI brand and products online.
RequirementsOur Event Production Department is expanding and seeking an intern in Event Operation. EO intern must possess the following skills:
1. Ability to follow logistical directions
2. Ability to execute attention to detail
3. Ability to either stand in place (at event checkpoints) or pace quickly as a runner during events and event setup, such as art openings, LA Fashion Week, etc.
4. Ability to legally operate a vehicle (must have valid driver's license)
5. Knowledge of the design industry, this includes Fine Art and cultural art, i.e. fashion, public art and architecture, furniture design, jewelry.
6. Social media savvy with polished expertise in existing and emerging social media platforms.
7. Excellent command of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
8. Attention to detail.
9. Enthusiastic approach to building professional relationships while expanding their network.
10. Ability to thrive in team collaboration with other interns under the director.