Event Coordinator Intern- Spring 2014Bookmark This
407 Lighthouse Drive
DescriptionEvent Coordinator Intern Position
An Event Company is looking for a person to fulfill the Event Coordinator Intern position. Our company focuses on being team-oriented and providing both employee and customer satisfaction.
We are looking to find a hard-working and detail-oriented person to organize all events and to perform daily tasks. An ideal employee should have strong communication skills and also be extremely organized. This person should have a strong relationship with everyone so that everyone is on the same page. By keeping in touch with all local businesses and corporations, this enables all business relationships to stay on a professional and friendly level. We are looking for an individual to start this position beginning in the Spring of 2014.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities
- Create any layouts needed for each event
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process
- Serve as a liaison with vendors on event-related matters
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary
- Prepare any needed materials such as: nametags, materials, packages, gift bags, and registration lists
- Close out all events as required
- Provide outstanding customer service
- Build relationships with internal and external customers
Excellent communication skills with both workers and clients
Proficient with basic computer skills
High organizational skills
Ability to work in a team so that the job can be effectively carried out
Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and volunteers
Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
Ability to accomplish projects with little supervision
This is a great opportunity for anyone who has strong coordination and planning skills.
This is an unpaid position available for college credit. Our company has had Interns ranging from colleges such as: Rutgers University, Montclair University, Rowan University, Johnson & Wales University, and Kean University.
If interested in this position, please respond to this posting with contact information and a resume.