Event Coordinator and Coworking InternshipBookmark This
45 Prospect Street
DescriptionWorkbar is a coworking space with two locations in downtown Boston and the heart of Central Square, Cambridge. It is a vibrant and buzzing workspace shared by a community of over 400 entrepreneurs, start-ups, independent and remote enterprise professionals. The result is a high-energy place to work and collaborate. Additionally, Workbar hosts workshops & events, member happy hours & mixers, and offers free organic coffee and snacks.
We are currently seeking a part-time intern to help manage our workspaces and assist with our busy event schedule. The Event & Coworking Interns will work in tandem with the Space and Community Managers, both taking an active role in running a Workbar center and aiming to make Workbar the best possible experience for our members, their guests and all the participants in our events.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include:
• Assisting and providing logistical support to our Events Manager with coordinating with event hosts and sponsors; managing the master events calendar; and assisting booked clients with their event planning, including being on-site to help set-up, manage, and break down their events.
• Greeting and assisting prospective members, guests and walk-ins and ensuring their comfort in the space, as well as with fielding member needs and relations.
• Contributing to the Workbar blog on a monthly basis (or as assigned); reaching out to members for blog contributions; and assisting with the management of the blog. Manage and identify external content opportunities for guest posts and comments on other blogs to boost Workbar’s visibility.
• Writing our weekly newsletters updating the community on our events and other news.
• Assisting the Space and Community Managers with maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the workspace including restocking kitchen snacks, beverages, brewing coffee, and keeping the dishes orderly.
• Providing logistical and general management support to Workbar’s executive team.
• Other administrative tasks, as needed, related to managing the space, the amenities, and the membership.
• Interest in business, particularly start-up enterprise and entrepreneurship.
• Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude.
• Attention to detail, top organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in shared web-based programs, such as Google Docs, DropBox, CRM, etc.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus!
• Independent work ethic.
• Willingness to pitch in, pound the pavement, roll sleeves up and get dirty!