Blogger & Social Media Event Intern'Cause We Can Events
MEETING and EVENTS ASSISTANTS (Only Metro Atlanta, Macon, Savannah and Birmingham, AL Interns NeededNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Internship in Event and Marketing ManagementGerman American Marketing, Inc.
Special Events InternLa Jolla Playhouse
Social Media & Community Management InternThat Jersey Girl
Event Coordinator and Coworking InternshipBookmark This
45 Prospect Street
DescriptionWorkbar is a coworking space with two locations in downtown Boston and the heart of Central Square, Cambridge. It is a vibrant and buzzing workspace shared by a community of over 400 entrepreneurs, start-ups, independent and remote enterprise professionals. The result is a high-energy place to work and collaborate. Additionally, Workbar hosts workshops & events, member happy hours & mixers, and offers free organic coffee and snacks.
We are currently seeking a part-time intern to help manage our workspaces and assist with our busy event schedule. The Event & Coworking Interns will work in tandem with the Space and Community Managers, both taking an active role in running a Workbar center and aiming to make Workbar the best possible experience for our members, their guests and all the participants in our events.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary responsibilities include:
• Assisting and providing logistical support to our Events Manager with coordinating with event hosts and sponsors; managing the master events calendar; and assisting booked clients with their event planning, including being on-site to help set-up, manage, and break down their events.
• Greeting and assisting prospective members, guests and walk-ins and ensuring their comfort in the space, as well as with fielding member needs and relations.
• Contributing to the Workbar blog on a monthly basis (or as assigned); reaching out to members for blog contributions; and assisting with the management of the blog. Manage and identify external content opportunities for guest posts and comments on other blogs to boost Workbar’s visibility.
• Writing our weekly newsletters updating the community on our events and other news.
• Assisting the Space and Community Managers with maintaining the organization and cleanliness of the workspace including restocking kitchen snacks, beverages, brewing coffee, and keeping the dishes orderly.
• Providing logistical and general management support to Workbar’s executive team.
• Other administrative tasks, as needed, related to managing the space, the amenities, and the membership.
• Interest in business, particularly start-up enterprise and entrepreneurship.
• Energetic, outgoing and positive attitude.
• Attention to detail, top organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Proficiency in shared web-based programs, such as Google Docs, DropBox, CRM, etc.
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator is a plus!
• Independent work ethic.
• Willingness to pitch in, pound the pavement, roll sleeves up and get dirty!