Venue Event Planning InternshipGetaway Motor Club
Special Events & Marketing InternshipPowered By Professionals
Event Planning Internship at the Straz Center for the Performing ArtsDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
AABB Internship, Externships and Academic Residency Program (National Blood Foundation - NBF)AABB
Corporate/Special Event PlannerLuxjure Events LLC
Event InternBookmark This
Creative Event Planning
New York, NY
DescriptionCreative Event Planning is a Manhattan-based, full-service event-planning company. For more than twenty-four years, our clients have included New York’s most prestigious corporations in advertising, financial services, the arts and consumer products as well as numerous private and social clients.
We are seeking a full-time Event Intern available for upcoming semesters for approximately 4 to 6 months (flexible start and end dates) to perform various tasks that will give him/her insight on working in an event planning company.
Although the internship is unpaid, Creative Event Planning will be happy to assist the student in house-hunting.
Responsibilities• Research for client request for proposal to include site locations, music, decor, and other event elements
• Routine administrative tasks such as responding to daily e-mails, answering phones, invoicing and entering accounting data onto excel spreadsheets
• Follow up with vendors and client requests
• Making phone calls on a daily basis
• Ongoing update of client data base
• Research online and in person sites and other event enhancements
• Assist set up and work events
• Attend industry events
• Expected to work independently and complete tasks and projects
• Working knowledge of Social Media and ongoing updates
• Work closely with the owner of Creative Event Planning
RequirementsThe ideal Event Intern must meet the following requirements:
• High Organizational, Communication and Research skills
• Attention to detail
• Strong knowledge in using Microsoft Office Software programs (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
• Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced atmosphere
International, Undergraduate and Graduate students are welcome to apply. Also, arrangements will be made for students to earn academic credit, if desired.