Venue Event Planning InternshipGetaway Motor Club
Special Events & Marketing InternshipPowered By Professionals
Event Planning Internship at the Straz Center for the Performing ArtsDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
AABB Internship, Externships and Academic Residency Program (National Blood Foundation - NBF)AABB
Corporate/Special Event PlannerLuxjure Events LLC
Event Management InternBookmark This
Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund
2600 Virginia Ave. NW
DescriptionBased in Washington, D.C., VVMF (the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund) is the nonprofit organization authorized by the U.S. Congress in 1980 to build a national memorial dedicated to all who served with the U.S. armed forces in the Vietnam War. Incorporated on April 27, 1979 by a group of veterans led by Jan C. Scruggs, the organization sought a tangible symbol of recognition from the American people for those who served in the war.
The result was the Vietnam Veterans Memorial (commonly referred to as The Wall), which has become one of the most visited memorials in Washington, D.C. with an estimated 4.5 million annual visitors.
Since the dedication of The Wall, VVMF has pursued a mission of preserving the legacy of The Wall, promoting healing and educating about the impact of the Vietnam War. Our latest initiative is the campaign to build the Education Center at The Wall. The Education Center will show the pictures and tell the stories of those who made the ultimate sacrifice in Vietnam, provide a rich educational experience on the Vietnam War, show some of the more than 400,000 items left at The Wall, and celebrate the values exhibited by America’s service members in all wars.
ResponsibilitiesEvent Management Intern: will support the Director of Events in the planning and execution of on and off site events and meetings.
• Working closely with various internal departments to successfully communicate and execute events including: Development, Communications and Marketing.
• Setting up and attending key stakeholder meetings.
• Completing and distributing event itineraries.
• Facilitating event logistics.
• Handling post event evaluations/recaps.
• Performing other duties as assigned.
To perform the role of an Event Management Intern successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Consistent attendance and punctuality is a job requirement.
• Must be actively enrolled for the Fall 2013 semester as a college Junior, Senior, or seeking graduate degree.
• Minimum 3.00 cumulative GPA required.
• Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be customer service oriented and have the ability to make decisions in a timely manner.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) preferred.
• Must be available to work a minimum of 20 hours per week from September 2013 through December 2013. To fully understand this industry a varying schedule will include weekends, evenings, and holidays.