Event Planning AssistantBookmark This
Hong Kong Association of Washington
PO Box 3422
Description- Preparing drafts, proposals, financial budgets and periodic progress reports for upcoming events (3 months ahead of time);
- Finalizing dates of upcoming events and make changes (postponing, canceling or adding events) on the event calendar if necessary;
- Coordinating with the marketing team on how to approach specific group of interest;
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process;
- Assist with managing on-site production and cleanup for events as necessary;
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc;
- Assist in the preparation stage of events, set up, and post event take down and clean up
- May take up roles involving the operation of events hosted by HKAW and other local non-profits or affiliates
- Events typically take place on evenings and weekends, and occasionally in midday during the week
- Attend and actively participate in committee meetings and updating progress in every biweekly sub-committee meeting;
• Outgoing, Responsible, and Hardworking
• Strong communication skills and willingness to learn new skills and an ability to work with a variety of people in a fast paced environment.
• Highly organized and be able to multi-task
• Be willing to travel (events will take place within Seattle and Bellevue) and have reliable own transportation.
• Must possess excellent interpersonal, time management and communication skills
• Willing to learn about event coordination and event planning
• Fluent in English
Asset: Fluency in Cantonese, Mandarin, and Taiwanese are plus
If you have any questions in this internship position, please contact Carrie Li at email@example.com.