Event Planning InternBookmark This
Posh Bridal Lounge
3027 N. Lamar Blvd, Suite 202
DescriptionInterested in learning more about event planning? Posh is a niche coworking space who's target market is Wedding Professionals, Women entrepreneurs and Bridal Industry Vendors. Our company culture is very important to us. Our mission is to create a connected community culture by creating an environment that fosters education, collaboration and support. We are only as strong as our weakest team member.
Our Event Planning Internship program is designed to educate qualified applicants through a three step educational process. Once completed you will have the skills necessary to understand, coordinate, promote and execute special events in the private and professional markets.
The event management Intern will play an integral role in the planning, execution and evaluation of Posh's regular line up of events. As Event Management Intern he/she will work with the teams responsible for putting together detailed plans to execute each event. The candidate must be able to work independently. The range of activities requiring clear, effective communication, critical thinking, excellent organization skills and attention to details. You must be able to work well under pressure, make decisions and ensure the smooth and efficient running of an event.
Responsibilities• Planning, coordination, and management
• Coordination with event partners and partner staff
• Managing a budget
• Working with a team to obtain proper permits
• Working with a team to organize parking, traffic control, security, first aid, hospitality, media and
• Working with a team to coordinate staffing and volunteer requirements
• Prepare logistic documents for all vendors
• Day of event management
• Post event evaluation
• All other duties approved by supervisor.
Requirements• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must have or are working toward degree in event lanning, marketing, communications or related field.
• Experience planning events
• Experience creating marketing materials such as flyers and invitations.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Great communication skills and outgoing personality.