Event Planning InternBookmark This
AARP New Jersey
DescriptionThe AARP New Jersey State Office, located in Princeton, NJ, has openings for 2013/2014 internship appointments! This internship involves event planning and communication initiatives directed toward AARP’s membership base, volunteers, and legislators. This includes, but is not limited to, the coordination of events, public/media relations, program design, organizational communication and mass media.
You will gain first-hand knowledge of how the largest non-profit organization works, develops and conveys its message to 40 million members across the United States. You will gain valuable work experience with an opportunity to participate in advocacy and outreach campaigns and expand your knowledge of the communication process “in the field.”
- Creating event planning documents and facilitating/attending event planning meetings
- Managing a team of volunteers to assist with event planning
- Assisting with phone and email queries
- Liaising with vendors and accounts department as needed
- Preparing materials to be distributed at events, such as flyers and outreach material
- Overseeing the event registration process from crafting messaging, invitations, capturing RSVPs and conducting follow-up communications
- Develop and distribute announcements and invitations
- Assisting with important non-partisan events, including community outreach events, legislative/advocacy events, press events and public forums
This is a paid opportunity. Hourly wage to be discussed.
RequirementsRequirements: Must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program. Must be able to work a minimum of 14 hours per week. Must have excellent communication, organizational, writing, and computer skills, ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and exercise initiative.
- You application should be in Word Document form and should contain (all in one document)
o Cover Letter, including availability and why you should intern here
o Writing Sample (optional – but helpful!)
- Send the document to AARPNJ@AARP.ORG with subject line “EVENT PLANNING INTERNSHIP – [Your First And Last Name]”