Event Planning InternshipBookmark This
Red Hen Press
1335 N. Lake Ave., Suite 200
DescriptionRed Hen Press is looking for an intern/volunteer to assist with our largest fundraiser of the year. This is a tremendous way for you to gain first-hand event planning experience and learn the inner workings of the nonprofit and publishing industries.
Red Hen is a nonprofit literary publisher, and the largest of its kind in southern California. The event this internship will support will mark the press's 18th anniversary, attracting 300 attendees including some of the nation's most acclaimed authors.
We are looking for someone to start as soon as he or she is available. We require a minimum of 15 hours per week working in our Pasadena office, up to and including the date of the event, November 11th, which you will be able to attend.
ResponsibilitiesDaily activities and other responsibilities will include:
• Securing silent auction items through the mail, via email, and occasionally over the phone.
• Publicizing the event with the help of Red Hen's marketing and publicity staff
• Tracking ticket and table sales
• Working with Red Hen's fundraising staff to coordinate details with the host venue
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Upbeat and polite personality
• Strong verbal and written skills
• Ability to maintain deadlines, multi-task, take initiative, and communicate with supervisors
• Previous experience with fund raising and event planning is plus, though not required