Event Services Intern at RaceMenuBookmark This
DescriptionEvent registration is a $100+ billion industry. Nearly $2 billion will be spent on entry fees for run/walk/ride events in 2013, from local 5Ks to international triathlons. RaceMenu's all-in-one event management and marketing tools help event organizers lower their costs and increase attendance through incentivized social sharing.
Events are more fun with friends. RaceMenu makes events more friendly.
We are seeking energetic and athletic event services interns to help us grow our race timing and results business. Check us out at racemenu.com, facebook.com/racemenu and twitter.com/racemenu
Event services interns will work closely with our team in the field, coordinating race bib/chip preparation, setting up start/finish line timing systems and recording race results. Our small team and startup environment provides an opportunity to observe and participate in all aspects of our business.
Position is paid (but barely) with additional opportunity for sales commissions.
• Event organizer lead development
• Managing our race services calendar, ensuring that all event needs are met
• Managing event start lists (requires strong MS Excel skills)
• Setting up and modifying event files in our cloud-based scoring software
• Promoting RaceMenu at key events acting as a brand ambassador
RequirementsRequired Skills and Abilities:
• Entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude
• Exceptional communication skills and ability to work independently
• Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel, bonus if you know PHP and bigger bonus if you know Rails.
• Frequent participation and/or work experience with running, cycling or triathlon events is a plus