Events & Festivals InternBookmark This
City of Clearwater
706 N Missouri Ave
DescriptionThis intern position is available with the Events & Festivals division of Parks and Recreation with the City of Clearwater. The Parks and Recreation Department consists of more than 230 full time and part time employees, 60 professional contract employees, 150 umpires, referees and
officials, and 500 volunteers. If you are interested in a fast paced experience then the City of Clearwater is definitely the place for you!
Responsibilities•Help with developing, planning, promoting, and coordinating concerts, festivals, triathlons, athletic events, grand openings, craft shows, etc.
•Recruits and maintains active partnerships with community groups, individuals, news media, sponsors and others for the presentation of events.
• Involvement with marketing our City events. Designing laminates, flyers, posters and distributing these materials. Thinking of other resources to get our event info out there.
• Projects centered around our restructuring, i.e. we’re going to be analyzing our systems and procedures making changes to existing reports etc., but also creating new systems/reports, etc.
•Capturing our systems and procedures and writing them down (creating checklists, manuals etc. for our event process)
Requirements- College Student studying: Event or Sports Management, Events Planning, Business, Marketing etc.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess multi-tasking and coordination experience
- Demonstrate attention to details
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft Office