Fun PR, Event Planning, Advertising/Marketing Internship at Colorado Springs boutique agencyBookmark This
Red Energy Public Relations, Advertising & Events
100 East Saint Vrain Suite 205
Co Spgs, CO
DescriptionRed Energy Public Relations is an award-winning boutique agency 50 miles south of Denver providing national clients with events, news media interview training, crisis communication management, marketing and creative communication services. Colorado Springs is a fun mid-size city with the benefit of shopping, dining, nightlife, but also rafting, mountain biking, skiing nearby. This opportunity is unpaid, but we allow you to work with us part-time; a minimum of 15-20 hours per week so you are able to work part-time or enjoy Colorado while here. (15 per week during Fall/Spring, 20 hours per week during summer months)
Our Agency Services Include: (visit RedEnergyPR.com for more info)
* Event Planning
* Media Relations
* Executive Media Training
* Social Media Management
* Search Engine Optimization
* Strategic Communication
* Sponsorship Management
* Website Design
* Exhibit Design
* Direct Marketing
* Focus Groups
* Crisis Communication Planning
The Red Energy Public Relations development program is an unpaid internship for currently enrolled graduate and undergraduate students seeking university credit for internship courses, independent study or a professional requirement as part of their curriculum. Our interns have come from universities nationwide. Students absolutely love our program because they leave with a portfolio of real client work.
Entry into our program is competitive and applicants are required to submit resumes and online work portfolios, if they have one. Select students will be called for telephone interviews and in-person interviews. Upon selection, assignments will be a combination of in-office and in the community.
Responsibilities* Helps write blogs, facebook posts, twitter tweets, finds stock photography online, graphic design, helps update client websites, plans and staffs fun special events.
Assists in the research, coordination and implementation of strategic marketing plans. Work may include but not limited to collateral development, special event coordination and internal communications and promotions.
* Helps manage special event coordination in support of client marketing strategies.
* Analyzes impact of news media relations programs, community outreach efforts and marketing assessing ROI (Return on investment). Will assist in establishing database of news media contacts and participants in outreach activities.
* Will contribute articles and photographs to internal and external publications.
* Enhances professional growth and development through voluntary participation in education programs, meetings and workshops (i.e. public Relations Society of America, Chamber of Commerce). Interns will have the opportunity to attend as non-members; some programs may have nominal fees.
“My experience working with Amy Sufak was phenomenal. Amy is a highly skilled professional with an unparalleled experience in both the private sector and the government. Public Relations is something I have always been interested in and after having worked with Amy I feel like I had the knowledge needed to pursue a career in PR. I had the opportunity to refine my writing skills to include press releases, conduct media training, participate in community meetings and events, execute event planning, interact in meetings with clients, design brochures for clients, coordinate launch parties and so much more. Amy made me feel like a part of the team and my experience working with her was world-class.”
L.V., University of Colorado,B.A. Communications
Current Employer: Hewlett Packard, Washington D.C.
“If you are looking for an internship where you will have the ability to gain insight and understanding in the communications field, Red Energy Public Relations is a great place to apply! It differs from other internship opportunities because you are faced with real situations where you can make valuable contributions, to not only a great company, but your own experience.”
T.K., Central Pennsylvania College,B.A. Communications
“My internship at Red Energy Public Relations gave me the confidence and experience I needed in order to succeed in my future career aspirations. The internship helped me become more attentive to detail and gain knowledge that gives me an edge when writing a resume, and developing a portfolio.”
C.A., University of Colorado, Colorado Springs,B.A. Communications
Requirements* Pursuing a degree or coursework in the field of marketing, communications or business.
* Excellent English fluency oral, written communication skills
* Ability to multi-task
* Motivated and interested in Public Relations, Marketing & Event Planning
* Eager to take on increasing responsibility
* Capable of working independently
* Excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point. Adobe Creative Suites a plus.
* Able to complete a minimum of 15-20 hours per week. (15 per week during Fall/Spring, 20 hours per week during summer months)
Must be non-smoking, have own transportation. No visible tattoos or piercings (other than ears for women) due to preference of some of our more conservative clients. Helpful to live, at least during the internship, in area of Colorado Springs, Colorado. Professional dress and appearance is required.