Fundraising Events/Play Makers InternBookmark This
Minnesota Children's Museum
10 W 7th St
Saint Paul, MN
This position will assist in the follow-up for the 2014 Play for All Ball and planning for the Museum’s next gala in the spring of 2014. This position will help support the event by preparing mailings, making phone calls and maintaining information. The Fundraising Events Intern will also help in planning and executing smaller cultivation events designed to build the Museum donor base. Through this experience, the intern will gain a firsthand knowledge of marketing, event planning, and fundraising in a fun and fast-paced non-profit environment.
ResponsibilitiesMajor Job Accountabilities
This is an estimate of the duties to be included in the internship. The exact duties and projects will be determined by mutual agreement of the intern and development staff. Depending on experience and background, the intern may have the opportunity for more creative and independent work. All duties will be carried out with direction and supervision of the Development Associate.
% of Time
30% Work with Development Events Manager to assist in follow-up and wrap-up of the 2014 Museum Gala. This includes attending meetings, specialized thank-yous with photos and database work and other necessary administrative tasks.
20 % Prepare materials for the 2015 Museum Gala including letters, preparing auction proposals, conducting research on vendors and other necessary administrative work.
20% Work with Development Events Manager to plan and execute, a series of smaller cultivation events designed to promote the Museum’s Capital Campaign and donor database. Additionally assist with the preparation of event and follow-up materials.
15% Maintain tracking spreadsheets and undertake general Raiser’s Edge entry and clean-up.
15% Other duties as assigned.
RequirementsKnowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
1. Formal education in related field (development, marketing, communications, journalism or related experience)
2. High comfort level with making phone calls to Board members, committee members, vendors, sponsors and prospective donors.
3. Skill in coordinating and completing tasks and projects.
4. Excellent written, verbal and organizational skills.
5. Computer skills, including Word documents and Excel Spreadsheets.
6. Ability to work well with others as well as on an independent basis.