Nonprofit Management Internship FallBookmark This
101 Regent Ave
DescriptionThe Intern selected for this internship will work along side the Managing Director of WaterFire Providence assisting in special projects and grant related research and writing. The Intern will assist in the development of new ways of developing community partnerships in social media and the business community. The Intern will also work on special projects and take part in research based upon the needs of the Managing Director. The Interns primary focus will be on looking for avenues make the organization more sustainable and more accessible to the public.
ResponsibilitiesWaterFire is a seasonal event, and responsibilities will vary accordingly per the discretion of WaterFire Providence administration.
Intern will work very closely with the Managing Director of WaterFire in the Office and during WaterFire events.
• Work on special projects and research based upon the needs of the Managing Director and Organization
• Research possible grant and business opportunities
• Work with varies social media platform to increase WaterFire Providence’s online presence
• Explores unutilized uses of Technology to make the organization more efficient
• At times, manage volunteers during events during special operations.
RequirementsMust be a confident manager and capable delegator.
Must be a confident manager and capable delegator.
Must have sound communication skills and be a great listener
Must have a strong sense of professionalism
Must have genuine interest in art, culture and community, and WaterFire
Must have working knowledge and interest in grantmaking and capital fundraising
Must have a strong working knowledge of computers and the use of the internet
Must have an interest and working knowledge of using social media as a tool.