Passionate about non-profit Event Planning?Bookmark This
4108 4th St N
DescriptionDo you like making copies and fetching coffee? If so, this is NOT the internship for you!
Living Vicky is a nonprofit that provides an online and in-person program for young women transitioning from high school to whatever comes next. We’re a startup with a small staff and a big vision; work hours are flexible and will take place in Arlington, VA. This unpaid internship can be completed for school credit, however, there is an opportunity to market yourself for a paid sponsorship.
ResponsibilitiesWe’d like an intern to help build and manage our existing branding and marketing for print and online materials, as well as lead the development of our social media presence. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an organization and have a real impact on its marketing strategy and operations.
This internship can be completed for school credit.
Interns will complete the following job functions:
1. Participating in the creation of an overall Event plan for the organization
2. Coordination of event donors, management of RSVPs, theme planning and location scouting
3. Recruit volunteers for events
5. Write, edit, and send press releases, advertising materials and other Event marketing communications
RequirementsThe ideal candidate is passionate about women’s empowerment and has the following experience or characteristics:
• Pursuing a degree in Marketing, Hospitality or a related field
• Experience planning and events
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Sharp, go-getter attitude
• Good interpersonal skills and high emotional IQ