Programming InternBookmark This
Dallas Urban Debate Alliance
2617 North Henderson Ave
DescriptionThe Dallas Urban Debate Alliance (DUDA) is seeking a qualified candidate to join its programming staff, working in a variety of fields central to the DUDA’s mission of bringing rigorous and engaging academic debate opportunities to public school students in Dallas. The DUDA facilitates, promotes and manages academic debate programming in 45+ public schools in Dallas. The Assistant Programming Coordinator will work part time in DUDA’s offices at 75 & Knox-Henderson.
ResponsibilitiesThe Assistant Programming Coordinator will work with DUDA’s programming staff, and will report to the Programming Coordinator. The Assistant Programming Coordinator will be expected to assist in a variety of tasks, including:
Managing the Web Site – the Assistant Programming Coordinator will frequently update and post press releases to the Dallas Urban Debate Alliance website & wiki page. Applicants with experience in writing press releases are preferred.
Collecting & Posting Tournament Results – the Assistant Programming Coordinator will assist in publicizing tournament participation by collating tournament results & distributing them to schools via email & press release.
Volunteer Recruitment & Database Management – the Assistant Programming Coordinator will frequently update postings on an array of volunteer recruitment sites and update the DUDA volunteer database – and help follow up with volunteers after events to promote volunteer retention.
Requirements• Exceptional organization and project management skills?
• Demonstrated high level of detail-orientation?
• Effective time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously?
• Capacity to execute projects to specifications, while also demonstrating initiative, problem-solving skills, and self-direction?
• Ownership of a vehicle and/or willingness to ride public transportation to reach office
• Experience in or passion for urban education – non-profit, administrative, or classroom – is a plus?
• Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills