Programs & Special Events InternBookmark This
American Italian Cancer Foundation
112 E 71st St, #2B
New York, NY
The American-Italian Cancer Foundation (AICF) supports cancer research, education, and control, emphasizing the unique resources of Italy and the United States, recognizing world-class scientific excellence in medicine, and serving economically disadvantaged and medically underserved women in New York City through breast cancer screening, outreach, and education.
AICF is seeking motivated and dedicated individuals to assist the Development Department with the planning and implementation of the Annual Benefit Dinner & Auctions. Interns will assist with securing sponsors, auction donations, gift bag donations, creating an online media presence for marketing the event and tracking the fundraising goals. AICF's annual Benefit Dinner & Auctions will be held on Monday evening, November 11th at The Racquet & Tennis Club in New York City. At that time, the prestigious Prize for Scientific Excellence in Medicine will be awarded.
Special projects will involve management of AICF's fellowship program, prospect research, updating our social media outlets: website, Facebook, and Twitter, assisting with direct mailings and other fundraising initiatives and administrative tasks. This is an exciting, hands-on opportunity for someone who is looking to learn more about what goes on "behind the scenes" at a non-profit organization.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent computer and research skills
- Familiarity with databases a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Current college student or recent college grad preferred
- Knowledge of the Italian language a plus
The ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter with meticulous attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and the ability to meet deadlines and fulfill assigned tasks through from beginning to end. Applicants must commit to working at least 10-12 hours/week. Class credit may be given for this internship.
* Ideal applicants will be available to work the evening of Monday November 11th from approximately 3pm-11pm for the Benefit Dinner & Auctions. Tasks will include setting up the auction items, gift bags, handling check in, running the live auction, set up and breakdown, etc.