Santa Ana Downtown Inc. CREATIVE InternshipsBookmark This
200 S. Main St.
Santa Ana, CA
DescriptionAbout Downtown Inc.
Downtown Inc., a business improvement district, is located in vibrant and eclectic downtown Santa Ana. Downtown Inc.'s district area includes iconic spaces like the Artist Village, Yost Theater, Frida Cinema, and critically-acclaimed restaurants such as Chapter One, Playground, Little Sparrow, Boldo, Diego's, Gypsy Den, and more. Downtown Inc. looks for creative ways to bring more visitors to downtown Santa Ana, to empower local businesses, to recruit new businesses to the area, and to expand relationships with the community, organizations, and other agencies outside of downtown Santa Ana.
We are looking for brilliant, motivated, creative and fun entrepreneurs who want to tackle real-world projects in downtown Santa Ana. If this sounds like you --- or who you want to be --- please consider applying.
Students may choose and qualify for a position in one or more of our "Arenas of Work" stated below. After training and a brief education on downtown Santa Ana, students will be enabled to tackle projects under the guidance of Downtown Inc. leadership.
Your position may include activities like: inventorying critical information, executing and coordinating specific Downtown Inc. projects, interacting with local businesses and/or community residents, and more. This is a fast-paced and exciting work environment where "no two days are the same."
ResponsibilitiesPromote and help produce creative events such as poetry slams, music events etc., and work with creative-oriented businesses in film, music, fashion, etc.
We will work with you to set a specific hourly schedule that works for you, but office hours are primarily on Tuesdays and Thursdays each week. Other dates may be requested for special events or projects.
Most work will occur in downtown Santa Ana, with some days working from home on certain tasks.
Requirements• Must have drivers license and provide own transportation
• Must provide own laptop (or tablet computer capable of email and basic documents)
• Some knowledge of Microsoft Office or Open Office or Google Docs
• Outgoing attitude, excellent self-starting work ethic
• Excellent organization skills
• Ability to set and meet your own deadlines
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritize projects
• Knowledge of Photoshop and Wordpress a plus
• Familiarity with Santa Ana and Orange County a plus
• Fluency (verbal and written) in English and Spanish a plus