Senior Public RelationsBookmark This
Concept Solutions' in Marketing & Event Planning
Posted: 614 days ago
DescriptionThe Senior Public Relations for providing a wide range of support to the Communications Department in all areas including, but not limited to, writing press material, pitching media stories, fielding media calls, running department-related errands, helping with special event planning and set-up, gathering research and performing some administrative duties for the Vice President of Business and the CEO.
Responsibilities• Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
• Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
• Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
• Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
• Builds and maintains current media lists
• Write press releases and other materials
• Screen phone calls
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and clients
• Assists in coordinating special events; duties can include receiving bids, preparing event time frames and schedules and final reports, etc
• Other various duties and projects as assigned.
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.
• Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media.
• Only intern’s proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
• An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
• Be proactive, organized and creative