Providence Children’s Film Festival (PCFF) Assistant to the Executive Director InternshipProvidence Children's Film Festival
Event Coordinator InternshipWalk in the Word
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Foundation InternshipJoe DiMaggio Children's Hospital Foundation
Internship (Event Planning)Miss Modesty
Event Planning/Public RelationsCouncil of 101
Senior Public RelationsBookmark This
Concept Solutions' in Marketing & Event Planning
DescriptionThe Senior Public Relations for providing a wide range of support to the Communications Department in all areas including, but not limited to, writing press material, pitching media stories, fielding media calls, running department-related errands, helping with special event planning and set-up, gathering research and performing some administrative duties for the Vice President of Business and the CEO.
Responsibilities• Assist in developing and contributing to public relations and marketing activities
• Interact with internal departments to carry out client requirements such as scheduling advertising; monitoring account activities; and managing production activities
• Coordinate with news media as assigned, in development of appropriate news stories
• Maintain up-to-date customer and prospect records
• Monitor all forms of media
• Schedule and coordinate speaking engagements, appearances, photo shoots, and other special events
• Builds and maintains current media lists
• Write press releases and other materials
• Screen phone calls
• Assist with mailings, print production
• Create interview preparation materials
• Compile contact lists
• Search for press clippings
• Create or update databases
• Greet guests and clients
• Assists in coordinating special events; duties can include receiving bids, preparing event time frames and schedules and final reports, etc
• Other various duties and projects as assigned.
RequirementsStudents applying for this internship must have strong communication skills and should be majoring in Public Relations, Communications, Marketing or Journalism.
• Applicants should also have strong writing skills, as well as a solid understanding of social media.
• Only intern’s proficient with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications should apply.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to inform and entertain via written, oral and visual media.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods.
• An innovative self-starter with problem solving skills, creativity, ambition, and a strong work ethic.
• Be proactive, organized and creative