Venue Event Planning InternshipGetaway Motor Club
Special Events & Marketing InternshipPowered By Professionals
Event Planning Internship at the Straz Center for the Performing ArtsDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
AABB Internship, Externships and Academic Residency Program (National Blood Foundation - NBF)AABB
Corporate/Special Event PlannerLuxjure Events LLC
Special Event InternBookmark This
Christine A. Wheat Special Events Firm, LLC
Saratoga Springs, NY
DescriptionChristine A. Wheat Special Events Firm, LLC has an opening for a non-paying internship. The internship offers the opportunity to work closely with professional wedding and event planners to help orchestrate events. The internship will include day-to-day tasks involved with running a successful business; behind-the-scenes experience of planning and organizing events; assisting with special events, wedding ceremony rehearsal and on-site coordination of both the wedding ceremony and wedding reception.
The fall internship is for the months of September through December.
Your resume and cover letter should demonstrate how you possess all of the required qualifications.
Examples recounting situations where the required attributes were demonstrated are encouraged as part of an applicant’s cover letter.
• Previous event planning experience – Applicants should have some previous event planning experience. This includes non-professional experience such as volunteer school events, volunteer church events, college homecoming committee, sorority event chair, assisting with charity galas or other non-profit volunteer event experience.
• Outgoing personality – Applicants should be flexible, hospitable, gracious, assertive, motivated, independent, resourceful, with an ability to solve problems calmly and quickly.
Ability to multi-task is essential.
• Weekend availability – Applicants must be willing to work Saturdays, and some Fridays and Sundays in business attire. Applicants must also have a reliable means of transportation.
• Strong listening and comprehension skills – Applicants need to be able to listen to instructions and carefully and correctly follow directions.
• Computer skills – Applicants must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Word and Excel. Additional ability to conduct research on the internet is required.