Special Event InternshipBookmark This
Revere Beach Partnership
DescriptionRevere Beach Partnership is seeking a college, graduate student or recent college graduate to support the organization’s events. This internship is unpaid but work schedule is flexible. The candidate should expect to work five to ten hours per week.
This is a fun and exciting opportunity for a graduate or undergraduate designed to provide the student with a broad-based learning experience, so that they are exposed to the logistics, programming, fundraising and promotional/marketing strategies contribute to a great cause – supporting the Revere Beach Partnership.
Revere's 3-mile crescent beach, America's first public beach, is a beautiful natural resource, rare for such an urban area. The Revere Beach Partnership, whose mission is "To maintain and enhance Revere Beach as a community asset by building financial and political support, preserving its historic character and unique natural features, and facilitating the communication process for its future improvement and development.”
Responsibilities• Research programming elements for the festivals
• Work to maintain current information on the festival's websites as well as press releases, brochures, print ads, etc.; generate publicity on the grassroots level
• Assist as needed with logistical components such as tents, permits, generators, exhibitor guidelines/outreach, signage, parking/transportation, planning documents, etc.
• Attend and help prepare for planning meetings
• Shadow the director of festivals and festivals coordinator in their daily work, coordinating special projects for the department as needed
• Undertake other projects as needed
Requirements• Excellent oral and written communications skills; able to provide outstanding customer service to exhibitors, vendors, sponsors, etc
• Ability to multi-task; superior attention to detail; strong organizational skills are a must
• Ability to conduct Internet research; familiarity with social media
• Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
• The ideal intern will be an Events Planning/Management major, from Revere and has a passion for Revere Beach