Event Planner for Sports Management Team *paid bonuses*Sutherland Sports
Marketing / Event / Business Development/ PR / Admin Internships AvailableShindig/Endeavor
For CrossRoads LIVE Music VenueDr Ren Recommends LLC
Programming & Marketing InternshipGolden Gate Restaurant Association
Events & Sponsorship InternshipGolden Gate Restaurant Association
Special Event and “DIY” InternBookmark This
National Multiple Sclerosis Society
7611 State Line Road, Suite 100
Kansas City, MO
DescriptionThe National Multiple Sclerosis Society mobilizes people and resources to drive research for a cure and to address the challenges of everyone affected by MS. The Mid America Chapter offers programs and services to more than 11,000 individuals living with MS and annually raises nearly $5 million to create a world free of MS. The Chapter has four offices including Kansas City; Omaha, NE; Springfield, MO; and Wichita, KS. Internships are available in the following areas: Marketing, Event and Program Planning, Social Work, Volunteer Engagement, Public Relations and Media, Corporate Development, Community Service Research, Public Policy and Advocacy, Community Outreach-Development, Long Term Care Outreach, Self Help Groups, Health and Wellness, and Program Outcomes - Data Quality.
The Special Event and “DIY” Intern will provide assistance on four special event campaigns:
• Do-It-Yourself “DIY” Fundraising is an opportunity for people with a deep commitment to the MS cause to raise awareness and critical funds for the MS movement in new and creative ways. Activities can include golf tournaments, dinner parties, bake sales, endurance events, just asking your friends and more!
• Race to Finish MS offers runners, cyclists, swimmers and distance athletes of all types the chance to create a world free of MS while pushing their own personal limits.
• BowTies for MS is a partnership with the Society and BowTie Cause to offer a stylish BowTie with proceeds benefitting the MS Society. The BowTie created for the National MS Society represents a cross section of many healthy myelin sheaths to promote the idea that a cure for multiple sclerosis is imminent.
• Dine to Donate MS is an opportunity to visit delicious restaurants in your area and support the MS Society.
Responsibilities• This position will work directly with the Development Department in order to execute professional, solid, and successful fundraising events.
• Under the supervision of the Development Coordinator, this position will implement our “Do-It-Yourself” fundraising campaign which includes Race to Finish MS, Bowties for MS, Dine to Donate MS, etc.
• Provide assistance in vendor relationships, budgeting, public relations, marketing and volunteer management as it relates to “DIY”
• Assist in timely and efficient customer service for key contributors, vendors and participants.
Requirements• Computer proficiency required
• Possess strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent customer services skills
• Must be highly detail oriented and self-motivated to learn
• Individuals should possess strong organizational skills and be able to work independently.
• Must be comfortable calling local vendors or businesses to secure event details
• Previous volunteer experience preferred, specifically in event planning
• Must have reliable transportation and current driver’s license and insurance
• Some evenings and weekends