Event PlannerNew York City Community Services
Wedding Planning InternshipAnsley Event Design, LLC
Event Planning and Marketing InternshipThe Events Boutique
Marketing & Social Media Intern w/light graphic design skills!MRV Solutions
KidsFest San Diego Interns & VolunteersChloe Nichols Foundation: KidsFest San Diego
Special Events CoordinatorBookmark This
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
810 River Avenue, Suite 100
DescriptionThe Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, the world’s leader in the search for a cure for cystic fibrosis, offers a limited number of internships to top students interested in hands-on experience at a leading national nonprofit organization.
The CF Foundation has been recognized by the National Institutes of Health, USA Today, Business Week, the Wall St. Journal, Forbes Magazine, and others for its innovative and entrepreneurial methods and success. The CF Foundation has been identified as a leader among U.S. health/research charities for keeping administrative costs to a minimum while maximizing funds for medical programs. Because of the organization’s methods and success, it has been the subject of two Harvard Business School case studies.
The Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation is recruiting enthusiastic interns to assist with several exciting special events, campaigns, and marketing strategies including:
• Cycle for Life
• The Wine Opener
• Pittsburgh’s 50 Finest
• Corporate Recruitment – Great Strides
• Great Strides – A Walk to Cure CF
• Sports Auction
• A Passion For Wine
• Sponsorship, Sales and News Releases
• And MANY MORE!
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation-Attn: Jamie Hayden
810 River Avenue, Suite 100 ? Pittsburgh, PA 15212
Fax: 412-321-9305 ? Email: email@example.com ? Phone: 412-321-4422
Learn more about the Cystic Fibrosis F
ResponsibilitiesInterns will work with designated staff partners/event directors on all facets of assigned events, including but not limited to:
• seeking underwriting support
• obtaining auction items
• facilitating the development and production of event materials
• completing public and media relations efforts
• recruiting and overseeing volunteer committees
• assisting with event logistics in the planning process and at the event and more.
This unique opportunity to assist with some of Pittsburgh’s most established, high-profile events allows college students and young professionals to learn important skills in the area of public relations, communications, marketing, non-profit management and more.
RequirementsInterns must be willing to work 12-15 hours per week for the semester in at least three-hour increments between the hours of 8:30 am and 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Interns must be:
• a college student/graduate student in any related discipline: communications, marketing, public relations or business management
• motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
• outgoing and detail oriented
• able to work well independently, and with event directors and other appropriate staff as needed
• skilled with strong oral and written communication skills
• willing to work some evenings and weekends
• interested in working in a non-profit environment.
This is a non-paid internship; however, interns will be reimbursed for business expenses incurred during the internship, including mileage, etc.