Special Events InternBookmark This
National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Captial Chapter
1800 M St NW Suite 750 South
DescriptionSpecial Events Intern
Location: National Multiple Sclerosis Society, National Capital Chapter, Washington, DC
Reports to: Event Manager, Development Team
Requirements: Full or part-time. Minimum commitment of 12 weeks, 20-40 hours a week.
Please send cover letter and resume to:
• Work with staff on the chapter’s mass market events: Walk MS, Bike MS, & Capital Challenge Walk MS
• Participate in all aspects of event development with a focus on the event logistics & experience. This may include site development, vendor relations, in-kind sponsorship outreach, event promotion, participant cultivation, database support, volunteer outreach, communications, and general community outreach
• Assist with development of event materials including but not limited to bib orders, cue sheets, rest stop instructions and more.
• Assist with prize structure and distribution
• Work independently on special projects within targeted areas mentioned above
• Interest in special event development and planning
• An understanding of outdoor event needs and logistics
• Comfortable speaking to others and working with a variety of people
• Solid writing and communication skills
• Understands the importance of outstanding customer service
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel programs. Knowledge of Microsoft Power Point and Publisher a Plus!
Contribute to the success of some of the National MS Society’s largest fundraisers. Support the Chapter’s fundraising campaigns that benefit thousands of people in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia, and Maryland affected by MS.