Special Events Intern: UnpaidBookmark This
Madison Square Boys & Girls Club
317 Madison Ave., Suite 1110
DescriptionMadison Square Boys & Girls Club, a not for profit organization that provides opportunities for underserved youth to strengthen academic, leadership, cultural, and career skills through an array of after school programs is seeking a Special Events Intern. This individual will work closely with the Special Event Team to ensure the seamless delivery of Madison fundraising events.
Founded in 1884, the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club’s mission is to save and enhance the lives of as many New York City boys and girls who by reason of economic and/or social factors are most in need of its services.
Responsibilities- Accomplish all directives provided by the Director of Special Events
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff members, board members, volunteers and all third contacts
- Responsible for mass mailings and maintaining internal donor management databases
- Ensure a seamless run of show from beginning to end for all events
- Complete all additional projects as assigned
Requirements- Ability to multi-task effectively and work well in a fast paced environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Extremely well-organized with an ability to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work with people of all levels and backgrounds
- Proficiency in Microsoft programming and an understanding of database management
- A passion for special events and an understanding of non-profit fundraising