Fine Arts / Gallery InternTiffany Terrell Consulting, LLC
MEETING and EVENTS ASSISTANTS (Birmingham, AL area Interns Needed only)NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Marketing InternPH Live Events
Blogger & Social Media Event Intern'Cause We Can Events
MEETING and EVENTS ASSISTANTS (Only Metro Atlanta, Macon, Savannah and Birmingham, AL Interns NeededNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF WOMEN OWNED SMALL BUSINESSES, INC
Special Events InternshipBookmark This
Alzheimer's Association, MA/NH Chapter
480 Pleasant Street
DescriptionAlzheimer’s disease currently afflicts over 5 million Americans. It is the 6th leading cause of death in the United States – and the only cause of death in the top 10 without any way of being cured, prevented, or even slowed. With the aging of the baby boomers and longer life expectancies due to medical advances, Alzheimer’s is viewed by many as the biggest public health issue of our time.
Founded in 1980, the mission of the Alzheimer’s Association is to eliminate Alzheimer’s disease through the advancement of research, to provide and enhance care and support for all affected, and to reduce the risk of dementia through the promotion of brain health. The Association operates out of its main office in Watertown, with regional offices in Springfield, Worcester, and Raynham, MA, and Bedford, NH.
ResponsibilitiesWorking with the Development team, the Special Events Intern will:
• Conduct research and outreach to community groups
• Make participant relations calls to past teams and current team captains
• Assist with developing, creating, and editing PR materials used to promote special events
• Help with logistics for Walk day, including permits, police detail, entertainment, food, etc.
• Help to develop additional tools for walkers, signage, forms, etc.
• Attend Walk committee meetings, if possible
• Conduct resource information research, database management, mailings, and outreach to ensure that our target audience is notified of our upcoming events
• Contact donors and thank them for their support of our programs, services and research grants program
Requirements• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and comfortable with database work
• Desktop publishing skills including experience with Microsoft Publisher is preferable
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge a plus, but not required
• Flexible and willing to step in and provide hands-on assistance as needed
• Ability to handle many projects at one time
• Outgoing, energetic personality
• Interest in special events and fundraising a plus