Special Events Internship OpportunityBookmark This
AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland
3210 Euclid Ave
DescriptionThe AIDS Taskforce of Greater Cleveland (ATGC) is seeking a Special Events Intern. This intern will work directly with the Advancement team to support a wide array of special events including fundraising events, meetings and other agency events. Special Events provide major financial support and outreach opportunities to the ATGC.
The Special Events intern will be involved in a wide array of important responsibilities to execute, support, manage and coordinate events. The intern will work in a fast paced environment with the professional and highly dedicated team of ATGC staff.
ResponsibilitiesPrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Strategize and implement ways to engage existing members, and appeal to prospective supporters as well as broadly promote events in the community, including media outreach and drafting of press releases.
• Create and implement pre-event planning, scheduling and post-event reporting and analysis
• Collaborate with Development Associate to coordinate and execute event logistics
• Assists in procuring and organizing materials, donations, volunteers, performers, vendors and audience necessary for events
• Coordinate and participate in pre-event volunteer trainings. Assist in the management of volunteers including accurate tracking of volunteer hours.
• Research and evaluate events to ensure they are aligned with mission of ATGC as well as effective fundraising or outreach opportunities for the ATGC.
• Assist in budget creation and management of events.
• Administrative tasks include, but are not limited to, data entry and donor acknowledgements
• Completion of at least two years of undergraduate studies desired.
• Must have a passion for HIV/AIDS, LGBT, social justice and related issues.
• Must be an outgoing, personable, and articulate networker and self-starter.
• Must be comfortable working in a lively, progressive environment where creativity is encouraged and a sense of humor is essential.
• Must be web savvy and enjoy keeping up with new content-sharing technologies online.
• Avid user of social media.
• Previous experience with online outreach desirable.
• Experience using WordPress, Mail Chimp and graphics programs such as Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator desirable.
• Must be a detail oriented, team player and technologically savvy